Anime Studio for Linux?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

The400th

Anime Studio for Linux?

Post by The400th »

I notice eFrontier don't have any Linux products in their range. Does that mean the Moho Linux version will be dropped?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I doubt it very much.

They already have the sorce code. It isn't like they have to build it from scratch.

Plus... linux is taking off big time. More and more people are turning to linux for production.

It would in my opinion, be a stupedous blunder to drop linux support that is already there... and as good as the other platform versions.

I don't use linux... but I see it as a potential strong OS that will only gain support in the future.

-vern
The400th

Post by The400th »

I was thinking more of support, with all the different Linux distributions out there.

But I hope you're right, anyway.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Your original post didn't say "support" it said "dropping"... those two concepts seem very different... to me anyway.

I suppose in a worse case scenerio... one distribution might be chosen as a base line support area... but are they all so completely different?

Do you get the support you need with Moho currently?

I would bet money... uh... don't try to collect if I'm wrong... but a gentleman's bet... that the linux version will not be dropped. It is a gut feeling on my part only.

I've been wrong before though... some Mac apps I've used in the past have been dropped for Windows only...

... oh crap... now I'm getting worried. ;)

-vern
Fahim

Linux Version will not be dropped

Post by Fahim »

Hi,

The Linux version will not be dropped. We anticipate launching the MAC/WIN versions of Anime Studio before the end of the summer and will follow with the Linux version.

I am actually quite excited to have our very first Linux product!

I come from the world of unix & xwindows :) boy that was a long time ago!

Fahim
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I am really glad to hear that!!!!