Post by simon »

Hi Manu,

Did you use to work at Richard Purdums?

Regards

Simon
Manu

Re: Purdums

Post by Manu »

simon wrote:Did you use to work at Richard Purdums?
I did. Which Simon am I talking to?
simon

Purdums

Post by simon »

Hi Manu,

We've never met but I know Michael Shlingman (sorry Mike if its spelt wrong). I was doing a drink commercial at Bermuda Shorts using
Moho and he told me he had seen you using it to and mentioned your cat animation which is lovely. This was some time ago!

I was also effects animation supervisor at Uli Meyers for some years where Mike also worked.

Regards

Simon
Manu

Post by Manu »

It's Schlingmann
simon

Thanks

Post by simon »

Thanks for correcting me there?
Toontoonz

Re: What it is with Moho...

Post by Toontoonz »

Manu wrote:You know, I've introduced quite a few people over time to Moho. But I have to say, it's been only with very limited success. Hence my question: What is it with Moho?

You know, you show them the bones, the particles, the 3D camera. All that for roughly 60 pounds sterling. And peoples jaws drop. And then nothing.

Could it be that the whole of Moho is less than the sum of the parts? Are those individual tools lost in an eccentric workflow? Or is it the lack of control many parts of Moho still suffer from?
I agree. I don´t know what it is about Moho, but after a while I just stopped using it. Everyone I know that tried it out also quit after a month or so.
First it was cool fun, then you realize to get something good out you really need one or two other programs to put it all together (Adobe AfterEffects, Flash, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator for me) and then you realize, heck, I will just do it in the other programs and minimalize the use of Moho.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Toontoonz,

I don't understand...

If you don't use or like an application... why post here so much? You were using it a month ago... when did you stop?

I don't use a lot of programs. Should I go to their forums and bitch?

If you aren't using it anymore... what's your goal? To make sure NO ONE does? To keep people from buying it? To force someone to make it better? (I think they are trying to do that right now). To make everyone feel as miserable as you?

If it's the money then call LM... bitch until they give your money back... sue them... I don't know... it's only $99... it isn't a loan on a lemon car.

You can post bugs and features in the appropriate forum. I get sick of all the undeserved bashing. Obviously a lot of people CAN create quality work with Moho. I wouldn't touch flash with a ten foot pole for character animation.

Maybe it isn't Moho... maybe its you. If you hate it so much than really really really stop using it. It seems to be poisoning your life. ;)

-vern
Manu

Post by Manu »

heyvern wrote:If you don't use or like an application... why post here so much?
I can't speak for Toontoonz, but I started this thread out of frustration that Moho has so much potential, but keeps falling short of it.
At this moment, I can't think of a single 2D character animation package out there that "hits the spot" (3D animators are spoiled rotten compared to us 2D'ers). If there was one, I wouldn't be so fussed about Moho.
The fact that so many people participated in this thread and wrote quite elaborate answers is telling.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

heyvern - I guess I should reply to with a "no comment" on your snide personal attacks.
Post some stuff you have done with Moho and I will show you what I have done with Moho. (Tip: heyvern, I even wrote, illustrated and animated a multi-page article about Moho for MacAddict magazine.)
You post all the time here, but what have you done with Moho? I have seen one simple little (it took about 5 minutes to make) animation. One has to wonder how can you even comment at all about what Moho can and can´t do?

I don´t hate Moho, I am like Manu and agree completely with his statement: "I started this thread out of frustration that Moho has so much potential, but keeps falling short of it."

-----------
And if you look through the posters that were here a year ago, they basically all disappeared from the forums. Why? I am guessing they aren´t using Moho as much or at all any more. Why?
heyvern

Re: What it is with Moho...

Post by heyvern »

These topics are like flies to... honey... you post a question like that you are ALWAYS going to get A TON of responses. I don't care what program it is. People like to bitch or cheer. Half empty... half full.

-vern
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Manu´s thread is excellent. It´s not half empty, half full. It´s 100% full. It´s the right thing to bring up. And from what I have read, just about everyone has similar thoughts as him.
Look how many people have commented and viewed it.

Have you ever started a topic heyvern?

Show us your Moho animations, heyvern. :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

The400th

Post by The400th »

heyvern - 1, toontoonz - 0

:D
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

heyvern wrote:Here you go...

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4737

-vern
Looks nice -- well done!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
zlimbot

Post by zlimbot »

manga! anime!
amazing coincidence - heyvern does anime before Anime Studio is officially out!
obviously a test animation for AS.
u do work for ef. will this be in the AS cd?