Scanner

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stingslang

Scanner

Post by stingslang »

Is there any sort of scanner that Moho supports?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

No.

Scan into photoshop or something else. Import into Moho.

-vern
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

I am working on a lineart image vectoriser tool (sorry, I have not too much time recently, so maybe it won't be available soon). It will have a peghole recognition to use with animation papers in ADF scanners.
- - - Fazek
stingslang

Post by stingslang »

so will that help me be able to use a scanner with moho?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

What do you want the scanner to do with Moho?

-vern
stingslang

Post by stingslang »

I want to be able to scan in hand drawn frames into the program.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I suppose having a scanner plugin in Moho would eliminate... uh... one step.

However... using the scanner "software" or Photoshop... you can do this almost as quickly... and maybe better if the scan is not "perfect". There is a script for bringing a squence of images into Moho.

A scanner "add on" for Moho will most likely not have image editing tools. And if it does... they would be pretty limited I would think.

I would really like that "auto trace" functionality but I much prefer using the scanner tools and/or Photoshop to get good scans. Most applications that have scanner connectivity are paint programs not animation tools.

Using the scanner tools I can tweak and perfect the final scan by adjusting levels, color etc. I can batch process/edit multiple scans in Photoshop.

-vern
stingslang

Post by stingslang »

Is there any solution to bring in scanned objects into a linux box? Also is there a tool to Vectorize the image before I bring them into Moho either in Photoshop, or in another program?
phlux0r

Post by phlux0r »

stingslang wrote:Is there any solution to bring in scanned objects into a linux box? Also is there a tool to Vectorize the image before I bring them into Moho either in Photoshop, or in another program?
If your scanner is connected to the linux box, then you can use Kooka (if you're running KDE) or XSane to scan your work. The Gimp also has an "Aquire" menu option which you can use to get images from scanners (if all is installed correctly). This, of course, if your scanner is properly recognised by linux. I have a Microtek Scanmaker X6EL, it's SCSI and works very well.

You can use the open source Inkscape vector graphics software to load your scans and try to trace them (or just draw in it like in Illustrator).

HTH
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

You can export the image from those programs as .ai or .eps files and Moho can read these.But Moho uses a different kind of Bezier curves than these file formats, and the conversion is a bit buggy, so you must correct the drawings by hand after loading into Moho.
- - - Fazek