Big Problem with blur

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Guto

Big Problem with blur

Post by Guto »

The layer blur on my animation is completely crazy. I didnt set it on and it appears by his own will in several layers and in different time.
Any one know what is going on?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Have you activate the curious "Depth of Field" effect in Proyect Settings Window? Cause that could explain your problem...
Guto

Post by Guto »

That is it!! thanks a lot!
But I didnt actvated actualy. Maybe it is a program default.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Hmmm, as I said, curious... Normally (and fortunatelly :) ) it's not activated by default... Maybe you have had experimenting with Moho features as a good Moho user and you have activated it unintentionally? Well, anyway... Don't mention it! :D
touchdown

Post by touchdown »

Hey Ramon,

Thank for responding to my other post. This one however is more what I was looking for: depth of field.

I've got my layer blurs going from 3 to 1 as the camera moves toward the object. It looks a little rough.

How will the depth of field help this? (variables to be set)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, you can try to play with Depth of Field parameters in the File --> Project Settings... window, although I advice you that DOF can't be animated and basically the function doesn't works very well in general and working with camera/layers movements in special... Well, I hope it works for you! :)
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Setting up the blur manually gives the best results, especially if you group the layers into foreground, middle and distant layers.

I have found too that turning off scale compensation on the group folders is necesssary in some situations - you think you have added a 10 blur but it looks more like a 3. Turn off the scale comp. and it renders as a 10.

I have never figured out how the scale compensation works, or how to get the best from it.

Hope it helps someone ... I thought it was a bug at first.

Rhoel.
touchdown

Post by touchdown »

ok thanks, i'll look into the scale compensation.

there seem to be a few things not in the manual.