Will there be more updates to Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Toontoonz

Will there be more updates to Moho?

Post by Toontoonz »

Haven´t been around in a long while, thought I would check Lost Marble to see if there is an update to Moho.
Gulp. No.
Six months (!) since last update. As I do a scan of the forum here, no hints of anything new from LM...seems likes lots of silence.

Will there be no more updates to Moho?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

No news is good news?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

No news is no news. :|
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Here's his last post on March 21 of 2006...
It is difficult being a lone programmer, especially when a new baby arrives in the family - my time has been very occupied recently! Anyway, (as usual) I have no comments regarding future versions of Moho except to say that I'm working with someone right now to try to get some help supporting and developing the product. Hopefully that's going to work out and will help Moho move into the future.
I guess support and updates will be limited for some time.
LostAndFound

Post by LostAndFound »

Is there only one person behind Moho? If so..it is AMAZING, my respect
LostAndFound//
Cybertoon

Hello world!

Post by Cybertoon »

Only computerprograming is'nt that funny!
bartender

Post by bartender »

you know what, i have been using moho for almost a year now, and i have had no bugs to report and am finding new features imbedded in this program every time i use it... the depth of this program is remarkable... updates? for what??
animate your heart out.. my opinion.
p6r

Post by p6r »

For LM...

I know what it is to have a baby !

I think like bartender : Moho already is a very good program which doesn't need necessary updates...

rylleman

Post by rylleman »

p6r wrote:...Moho already is a very good program which doesn't need necessary updates...
!?
What about proper interpolation for instance?, have you ever read the bug reports, or some of the feature requests for that matter?
I agree that Moho is a very good program but there are updates which are very necessary.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

p6r wrote:For LM...

I know what it is to have a baby !

I think like bartender : Moho already is a very good program which doesn't need necessary updates...

You may not be pushing thebounds of the program. Other most certianly are. Try doing a track and pan on a bit map with vector/bitmapped layers on it.

Try complex matting of multiple options.

Or as rylleman says, try the interpolation.

Then you will understand why some changes are required.

Rhoel
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I am getting a tad worried by the lack of response from LM.

When I purchased Moho this seemed like a promising tool with a great future... now I fear I may have wasted my time.

If this dies on the vine I will have to "start over" with something else. Or worse it gets sold to some bigger fish who kills it dead... or raises the price. That has happened to me before.

I hope LM could drop us a line here... just take 1 minute out of your day please and say something... anything... even tell us to shut up already before we wake the baby.

I honestly don't think LM is even reading the forums.

Or maybe he can't speak because of some big "deal" that is taking place... that happens too. The owner of the software doesn't say a word till the sale is announced.

I would venture to say that Moho, both the application and the customer base must have considerable value. Even other much larger and well established software companies could be looking at it with some interest...

... this is the kind of crazy ideas that start forming in my head when we the customers hear nothing else.

I guess I put off switching to Tiger for a bit longer... at least until this current project is finished.

-Vern
myles

Post by myles »

I think Lost Marble said a while back that the forum volume (and self-help amongst users) had reached a level at which he needed to cut back on forum participation to concentrate on email support and development, as reading and replying to the forum was occupying too much development time.

Given that email of less than 2 months ago said he was busy but was working on improving support and development, and that the last significant release came out less than 6 months ago, I don't think it's time to panic yet.

Of course, being a hobbyist I can probably justify a lower level of panic than professionals with projects underway. :)

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

myles wrote: professionals with projects underway. :)
We are about to start a new project of 13 * 10 minutes for delivery in September. I have one direct-to-DVD feature in script and other two possibles which the development artists are working on. In other words, we are planning work for 2007.

I have just ben asked to sign off on 3 more licences. I haven't and I'll wait and see whats before committing.

I am worried by the recent comments by LM, its not the kind of things a commercial studio wants to hear - lone programmers, baby causing delays to upgrades, lack of feedback and neglect of the forum.

Moho is a very good tool and has huge potential. LM has to stop shooting itself in the foot and at least appear things are progressing normally.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

(LM said he needed)...to concentrate on email support and development...
Yeah...except he isn't responding to emails either. See my post above.

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
The400th

Post by The400th »

Shame on you all.

Give the guy a break. Moho costs $99, the upgrade is $19, the updates are free. The more LM gives, the more you guys want to take.

You know, if Moho cost $1000 I bet there would be more respect for LM than is being shown here.

And as for those doing professional projects, complaining about bugs. Well, you had an unlimited evaluation version which had those same bugs in. You didn't find the bugs, you didn't evaluate it properly. You only paid $99 per licence, how much support do you think that buys you? Why do you think that all the major professional studios use much more expensive software with proper support contracts? You tried to be cheap. Now you pay the real price. Moho does what it does. You want more. You want it customized to your standards without having to pay for it. That's not a professional way of working.

And I'm sorry, Rhoel, with the hundreds of thousands of dollars that a 13x10 series costs, you have to sign off on $297 for 3 more licences? Is that a joke?

Not one of you have even speculated that LM might be sick, or have some personal problem. You are all just worrying about free updates.

Well I hope LM isn't sick or in trouble, I send him my best wishes, whatever his reasons for staying away. I hope he comes back soon.

But I hope he doesn't see this thread.

Okay, I'm done now. Flame away, ban me, whatever. Take your frustrations out on me. Just leave LM alone.