Style problems

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

keisern

Style problems

Post by keisern »

Hi,

I´m pretty new to Moho, had a look at it some years ago but went with other software to do some projects. Now I´ve started pre-work for an animated series pilot, and testing out the demo of moho to see how it best can be used.

I have some problems with assigning styles to objects. I´ve read the manual/tutorials and seen myles´ style tut, but still can´t wrap my head around the workflow.

I´ve created a couple of styles, drawn some objects, selected the shape, hit space and then chosen the style from "applied styles". Sometimes it changes the shape, but sometimes it seems to have the "old" styles still attached. Sorry for the bad description.
I just think the style workflow in moho is too different and difficult to use. Are there known bugs related to styles, or is it just me (or moho!).

How do you delete styles for an object, so I can start from scratch styling it?

I´m using the mac version 5.3.
Halvseint, animated talkshow on NRK
www.nrk.no/halvseint
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I just found recently you can select the style in the style pallete BEFORE you hit the space bar. This will always work.

The big trick is to remember...

There are TWO DIFFERENT TOOLS for shapes... the create shape tool and the select shape tool. I must click on the wrong one 100 times a day.

When I first started I would tend to forget to use the select shape tool AFTER hitting space to create a shape.

Usually selecting a style after hitting the space to create a shape (with the create shape tool still selected) will still assign the style but sometimes this might be an issue. I have found doing "too much stuff" like that while having the create shape tool selected can cause a crash. Now I make sure to use the SELECT SHAPE tool whenever I assign styles or change colors or strokes etc.

Getting my head around styles was the toughest thing for me as well. Once you get it... you don't forget and it becomes very simple... it is that EUREKA! moment that is tricky getting to.

-Vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

One more thing...

Make sure your styles and shapes are set up correctly.

If the fill color check box is set on a predefined shape a style won't change it. The fill color check box will overide the style.

If you create a style and inadvertantly uncheck the enable fill checkbox than it won't do anything to a shape with that style.

-Vern
keisern

style problems

Post by keisern »

Thanks heyvern,

I think I got it working. It seems the select shape and create shape was making a mess for me. I still think Moho could use some improvements when it comes to workflow, I find it pretty weird sometimes. Good thing that it seems to be a powerful program with a nice render :)
Halvseint, animated talkshow on NRK
www.nrk.no/halvseint