BEGINNER'S QUESTIONS

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

james

BEGINNER'S QUESTIONS

Post by james »

Hello!

I am a Moho beginner, and i have a couple questions (which I'm sure are stupid questions, but please humor me...I am going crazy!)

1. I am importing .mov animation files from Toon Boom into Moho. The files are longer than 75 frames, yet Moho will only render 75. How do I fix this?

2. Moho keeps repeating, or cycling, the first 75 frames as well. How do I turn off cycling?

3. Why, when I add an .aif file, does it play back at such a slow speed?

Thank you so much!
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com
Yooperville

One Out Of Three?

Post by Yooperville »

1. I am importing .mov animation files from Toon Boom into Moho. The files are longer than 75 frames, yet Moho will only render 75. How do I fix this?
Moho 5.0b4:

File >> Project Settings. Change "End Frame" value as needed. Default in Mac OS X version is "72". This may resolve your problem, if I understand it correctly.

Not aware of way to turn off cycling. I just use the manual controls when I don't want it to cycle.

Best -- Greg.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

1 and 2 - like Yooperville said, you may be hitting the end of the animation (which actually defaults to 72 frames). When playing back the animation, Moho doesn't stop at the end, but jumps back to the beginning.

3 - When you play back an animation in Moho, it may not play at the actual speed (fps) you set up. Depending on the complexity of the animation, the size of the Moho window, and the speed of your computer, Moho may not be able to keep up. In this case, the audio will slow down so that the video and audio stay in sync. When you export the final movie, it will play back full speed, with full speed audio. The other thing you can do it turn on "Allow Frame Skipping" in Moho's Animation menu - this tells Moho to skip frames during playback (if necessary) to maintain the proper playback speed.
james

Post by james »

Thank you both...that is very helpful...
James Bernardinelli
Big Castle Productions
"Quality cartoons in bad taste."
www.bigcastleproductions.com
james@bigcastleproductions.com