text in flash export

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

darthstephen

text in flash export

Post by darthstephen »

is there anyway to make text a symbol in moho. exported flash files with text are huge...
any help is greatly appreciated...

stephen
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

hm, why bother? If you want to export to flash anyway, you should do the text portion of your work there as well, because it is much easier to do there.
darthstephen

Post by darthstephen »

i don't want to export to a flash app, i want a finished swf file from moho with animated text that isn't huge. i don't own another flash app. if i have to buy another app to do text at a reasonable file size, what should i buy? i guess $100 would be my budget.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Ah, OK, I misunderstood. "exported flash files" for me sounds like something to be further worked with in Flash.

Moho doesn't do symbols like flash, but there's this little indicator in your layer symbol: as long as the red dot appears, this layer will be a symbol in the final .swf file. In order to preserve the "symbolicity" of a layer, it must not be animated with single points, nor flexibly bound to bones. Instead, you have to bind the whole layer to a bone, and only do bone animation then and simple layer animations.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

You could also keep looking on eBay or similar auction sites for a bargain on Macromedia Flash.
darthstephen

Post by darthstephen »

yeah...
when i bought moho i was right inbetween just doing flash stuff for the web and wanting some further possibilities in animation. i picked moho because it seemed very full of features and could also export swf. i didn't realise the importance of symbols, etc at that point. so i guess i need both softwares...flash is expensive though.
has anyone used sothink quicker as a flash app? i have the demo at the moment and it seems to import the moho swf file pretty good, with layer intact, even. it's only $69, so it's within my price range.
i'm too new to the bones thing to quite understand that yet, but i'll also give it a whirl...

thanks for the help. stephen
mason

Post by mason »

You might also try Flash Optimizer. It has lots of settings for optimizing a swf without an associated fla. It's probably pretty perfect for Moho, though I don't have any personal experience with it.

http://www.flashoptimizer.com/
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

KoolMoves, is only $49 and it can import an SWF as a editable file. Meaning, it's kinda of like have the FLA file. Then all you have to do is add your text and export it to a SWF again.

I haven't tried importing a SWF made from Moho as a editable file in KoolMoves. So I can't say how well it will go but from other test I've done, all has been fine. ;)
Wegg

Post by Wegg »

Could you add an audio track to an imported .swf file in KoolMoves? And. . . is it capable of making a pre-loader?