Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Moho 13.5.1 update is available!

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Get Moho 13.5.1! Free update for Moho 13.5 owners
ImageImage
Moho 13.5.1 free update fixes several issues and also adds some improvements

The improvements include two new Blending modes, “Soft Light" and "Color Dodge" to improve the compatibility with Adobe Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint and other graphic software.
There are also new options to create masks. Simply right click a Group or Bone layer and select the kind of mask you want. This new way to create masks is faster and much more intuitive for new users.

Please check the full list of fixes and improvements here:

* Bug fix: Can't load or save image files with non-ASCII characters (é ü ẞ etc.).
* Bug fix: Wind combined with bone targeting.
* Added some filtering to the Templates folder to not show invalid file types.
* Enhancement: Added commands to turn masking on or off for groups when you right-click them in the Layers panel.
* Bug fix: If you create a closed shape with sharp corners, the bezier handles on the last point before closing are messed up. They're sharp, but weird.
* Bug fix: Fixed a paint bucket bug when filling a new shape on top of an existing shape. A stroke would be applied, even if the paint bucket was set to fill only.
* Bug fix: If all the bones are removed from a Vitruvian group, then that group should automatically get removed from the project.
* When "Reveal All" masking is turned on for a group, set the bottom layer to subtract from mask.
* Bug fix: Some movie exports that included audio were either crashing or producing corrupted movies.
* Bug fix: Problem with the Delete Edge tool.
* Bug fix: Right-clicking with a pen on the layers panel doesn't bring up the context menu.
* Enhancement: Added two new layer blend modes, "Soft Light" and "Color Dodge". Renamed Add to "Linear Dodge (Add)" to match the terminology in some other software.
* Tweak: New audio layers have spatial positioning turned off by default. This does not affect existing projects.
* Fixed some display problems with vector layers being clipped when GPU display mode is on.
* Replaced manuals with versions containing higher-resolution images.
* Bug fix: Camera channels couldn't be muted in the timeline.
* Bug fix: Couldn't copy and paste Camera Pan/Tilt keyframes.
* Bug fix: Crash in certain combinations of auto-save, smart bones, and channel muting.
* Bug fix: Crash when copy/pasting Vitruvian bones when colored bones are present.
* Bug fix: When editing keyboard shortcuts, the user could enter invalid keys that would force the entire shortcut file to get reset to default.
* Bug fix: In some multi-screen configurations, windows or menus could come up on the wrong screen.
* Tweak: Improved some cursors' appearance on Windows.
* Improvements to copy/paste of Vitruvian Bones
* Various other bug fixes

To get the update go to Help -> Check for updates.
You also can download the installer from here:

macOS
https://www.lostmarble.net/MohoInstalle ... 51_Mac.dmg

Windows
https://www.lostmarble.net/MohoInstalle ... 51_Win.exe

For more information on Moho, visit https://moho.lostmarble.com
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
mohgirl

Re: Moho 13.5.1 update is available!

Post by mohgirl »

nice
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Thanks for the update. There are some great/useful/much-needed fixes and enhancements.

I especially like the simplified Masking method/s. I was also having some thoughts about Masking and one day would love to see additional masking options at the Shape level (i.e. within a single layer) for simple things like pupils in eyeballs. Not really sure how it would be managed in practice, but ...

One thing with the high-res docs, they don't seem to have Index/TOC page hyperlinks. i.e. Can't click on the referenced page number to go there.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock: 太棒了~!

我的新项目决定使用13.51制作~!
:shock: 项目进行顺利的话,是个宣传Moho新版本的好机会 :shock:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Congratulations on another fine release, guys!

Thank you so much for addressing the more critical bugs from 13.5 (broken Delete Edge, No Right-Click with pen, non-English characters, etc.,) And the new features in 13.5.1 are welcome too! :D

Please keep up the excellent work.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Very nice!
Sadly I still got the "unable to parse from json" error while trying to recover an autosaved file after a crash. The thing is that when I disable auto-saving I think I don't have any crashes so ironically I only really need auto-save when I have autosave on.
negroclarito

Post by negroclarito »

Thank you so much!!. Downloading...

BTW... I had some problems with Round caps in 13.5. Sometimes they just don't work and I have to take one like from another document and copy the stroke to make it work.

I like how MOHO team is so fast fixing problems.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

negroclarito wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:23 am ... I had some problems with Round caps in 13.5. Sometimes they just don't work and I have to take one like from another document and copy the stroke to make it work.
I don't think I've run into that one. Can you describe how to reproduce the problem?
negroclarito

Post by negroclarito »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:01 am
negroclarito wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:23 am ... I had some problems with Round caps in 13.5. Sometimes they just don't work and I have to take one like from another document and copy the stroke to make it work.
I don't think I've run into that one. Can you describe how to reproduce the problem?
It just happened one day. I just opened a new document and I started to add new lines and those new strokes all they were without round caps. Even I checked and unchecked the round caps box but it didn't work. I closed MOHO and opened again and the same issue. Finally, I brought a layer from another document and I copy the stroke with round caps and it started to work.
That was weird and it only happened ones. I share it here in case the same thing may happened to someone
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I have Norton installed not letting me complete the installation. Ran into this the first time but don't remember what I did and cant find the thread on this error.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

OK figured it out ( I think) Some how my Created Content folder became read only :?: Switching this back allowed me to install without issue. I only found it because I wanted to make sure the original 13.5 was still working and it wouldn't let me save any of my files. But all is well now.
Thanks for the update!!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

thank u guys for ur hard work to improve this beautiful software :)
droptoons

Post by droptoons »

It is a really great software that I have used for years (https://droptoons.com), since Anime Studio. However, any newer version is pretty useless to me, since I can't use MP3 audio...all my current projects have mp3 audio.

Please fix this! I really don't look forward to converting all my audio to OOG and the problems that will ensue.
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

Thanks for the update.

I liked seeing this one:

"Tweak: New audio layers have spatial positioning turned off by default. This does not affect existing projects."

Took me a while to figure out that my odd-sounding audio was being spatial positioned... : ) (of course, glad to be reminded that the audio can be spatially positioned!)
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

droptoons wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm It is a really great software that I have used for years (https://droptoons.com), since Anime Studio. However, any newer version is pretty useless to me, since I can't use MP3 audio...all my current projects have mp3 audio.

Please fix this! I really don't look forward to converting all my audio to OOG and the problems that will ensue.
Like Flash the format is being fazed out.

Dale