Color Points Feature

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MrMiracle77

Color Points Feature

Post by MrMiracle77 »

As I get further into Pro, I've been trying to make sure I have a solid understanding of all the features available in Debut before I get too far. One feature I never bothered to utilize much is the 'color point' feature under the fill controls.

Some observations about this tool so far:

- It seems to throw a circular gradient of color that originates at the point along the interior of the shape. It doesn't seem to allow you to vary the color of a line on a filled shape, though.

- On a line with no fill, it colors the point and applies gradient partway to the adjacent points.

- You can apply alpha to make that gradient gradually transparent. Applying alpha to both the color point and the shape itself causes moho to value alpha according to whichever one is more transparent.

- 'Color strength' seems to control how far the color gradient stretches. The default setting of 1 sends color out approximately 50% of the way across the shape.

- Aside from doing a bit of shading on sharp, interior corners, I can't think of many uses for this feature. You can make some neat color wheels with it, though, if you want something like that as a color-picker.

If anyone has found other uses for this feature, I'd love to know. It seems very niche, though.
- Dave

(As Your GM)
synthsin75

Re: Color Points Feature

Post by synthsin75 »

barrysampson

Post by barrysampson »

This is a nice example of what can be done with color points:

https://youtu.be/vlciKhlOmsc
Barry

Using Moho 12.5/13.5 on Windows 10 (3.0Ghz i9, RTX 2070ti, 64gb) and MacOS Big Sur (2.3Ghz i9, Radeon Pro 5500M, 64gb)
Luke Marcatili

Post by Luke Marcatili »

This might also give you some ideas of what is possible:

www.marcatili.com
Illustration & Animation