Rotating bone slows the program

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Annapriori

Rotating bone slows the program

Post by Annapriori »

Hello guys,

I am using Moho 12 and ve'noticed that when I am rotating a bone using Transform bone tool - the program slows significantly. I checked, it takes 25 % CPU.
Then animating of 1 minute video becomes soo long. Basically I am choosing a bone and it takes a few seconds, I move bone - again waiting..
Did somebody have it?

Thanks in advance! :shock:
synthsin75

Re: Rotating bone slows the program

Post by synthsin75 »

You might try this script, to check if keyframes hidden in the negative timeline are the culprit: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 12&t=32714
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

I've also had this problem in 12.5 and 13, even on rigs that seem pretty simple. I usually make it a point to hide all non-essential scene elements and sometimes will even hide parts of the rig that I don't need to see (example: if you're animating the legs of a character, you might hide the head/torso/arms/hands). I'll also turn off different elements in the display quality, like brushes, antialiasing, etc.

Essentially, I try to limit the number of things that Moho needs to process in order to update the display.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just supporting what Wes wrote above: to me, this sounds like you have an unintended negative keyframe in your project. I used to have to fix this error manually, which is a pain in the butt, but his script solves the problem very easily.

Definitely give it a try! Just be sure to work from a copy of your project.
Annapriori

Post by Annapriori »

Thank you, guys! I will try the script and will report :)