Weird rendering

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Teoderik

Weird rendering

Post by Teoderik »

Hi guys! I am starting with Moho and I got something weird when I have rendered the animation

1. the rooster on the left is a reference layer to the one on the right - I have changed it's color completely and it is visible on the image rendered out from MOHO, but on the final render only his head changed color to white.
2. There is a weird shadow under the wing of the blue rooster - what could it be?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Weird rendering

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It could be for many reasons. Effects like gradients behave like images: they are moved and bent by the bones' strength (even if the points of the vector shapes are bound to specific bones).
Maybe in the second rooster the bones moved the effect weirdly, but it's difficult to know by just seeing the screenshot.
Is there any chance you could share the file to take a closer look?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Teoderik

Re: Weird rendering

Post by Teoderik »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:47 am It could be for many reasons. Effects like gradients behave like images: they are moved and bent by the bones' strength (even if the points of the vector shapes are bound to specific bones).
Maybe in the second rooster the bones moved the effect weirdly, but it's difficult to know by just seeing the screenshot.
Is there any chance you could share the file to take a closer look?
Thanks for reply Victor - yes the gradients were sort of deforming during action - I've changed them to shade effect. Also, I've applied styles on the reference layer and there was a conflict or something with the original layer so finally, I found the "Unbind from original layer" option and it became like a separate bone/layer structure.

I wish I knew about such an option previously ;)