Timeline and keyframes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gaston

Timeline and keyframes

Post by Gaston »

Hi,
when I make a keyframe for one bone, Moho not only makes a keyframe in the white channel but also in the red channel of the other bones.
For example: At frame 20 I rotate the bone for the switch layer - Moho then not only does a keyframe in the red channel for rotation but also in the red channel for movement and scaling and also in all other bones. What am I doing wrong? I just want the keyframe in the rotation of the one bone.
Gaston

Re: Timeline and keyframes

Post by Gaston »

Oh no, I've found the solution. At the animation menu there is a button "auto-fixed-keyframes".
Greenlaw

Re: Timeline and keyframes

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah, normally you want that option switched off. I think it's on by default to 'assist' beginners but I've never understood the logic behind that. To me, it's better to create a 'hold' keyframe only when you actually want one. I only enable this option in rare situations.

Also, if you haven't already done so, try setting the timeline interpolation set to Copy Previous Key. This is another option I feel should be on by default. Basically it makes Moho behave like AE's timeline when creating key frames so you're not constantly changing interpolation modes.

For more tips on optimizing Moho's UI, check out my video on the topic here:

Direct link: https://vimeo.com/335696360

Hope you find some of the info is helpful.