Anyone interested in a Discord?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

FeistyFettuccine

Anyone interested in a Discord?

Post by FeistyFettuccine »

I'm kinda addicted to Discord where I'm part of several art communities for fast questions and feedback, and wondering if you would be interested in joining one? Of course not to take away anything from the forum, but I like chatting with other artists and sharing info casually.

If you are interested, it will be my pleasure to create one.
synthsin75

Re: Anyone interested in a Discord?

Post by synthsin75 »

I can't even be bothered with social media, much less anything more immediate or demanding of my time.
Wish you luck though. :wink:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Social media = information gathering using peer pressure. But if you want to start some alternative 'forum' after 5 posts, go ahead...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
FeistyFettuccine

Post by FeistyFettuccine »

jahnocli wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 am Social media = information gathering using peer pressure. But if you want to start some alternative 'forum' after 5 posts, go ahead...
Discord isn't social media, and you don't have to be hostile about it, it's just a normal question.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I think you're mistaking hostility for an honestly-stated position of someone that disagrees with you...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I think we definitely can be kinder here.
Creating a Discord is a good idea and I'm sure some people will find it useful. So, in my opinion, just go ahead, create it and announce it here.
Personally, I am part of some groups in Facebook and other forums, but through the years I always preferred this forum and I know I will stay here. It's a nice helpful community and we have more control over here -rather than depending of another platform or an administrator- to keep all info available and free for everyone during all these years.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm I think we definitely can be kinder here.
Creating a Discord is a good idea and I'm sure some people will find it useful. So, in my opinion, just go ahead, create it and announce it here.
Personally, I am part of some groups in Facebook and other forums, but through the years I always preferred this forum and I know I will stay here. It's a nice helpful community and we have more control over here -rather than depending of another platform or an administrator- to keep all info available and free for everyone during all these years.
+1 ^^
Sketch_Turner

Post by Sketch_Turner »

Am I to understand that you guys aren't at all interested in this idea? I think you should reconsider. A Discord server would be beneficial to everyone: it inspires a certain esprit de corps and fosters friendships, but more importantly, it could serve as a backup communication platform. Otherwise, if this forum were suddenly to vanish, the community would just vanish with it.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I try not to comment here too much anymore due to the hostility.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
DK

Post by DK »

Speaking of the forum...has anyone had trouble receiving email notifications for replies to threads?
It used to work for me but of late it has stopped.
D.K
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Huh, I think you're right.

I hop in here routinely to check on new posts so I don't think I noticed this until you mentioned it. I just looked through my email and it looks like the last email I received from Lost Marble was back in February.

Edit: Checked my forum email notification settings and that looks fine. I tried resetting them...not sure if that helps yet.
DK

Post by DK »

yeah. I've had to manually check on threads i have contributed to for a couple months now, just like I'm doing now.
No notification at all of your reply. I did notice in my user settings there is not option to receive email notifications
anymore.

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I never use notifications. I just bookmark "New posts" and check it daily: search.php?search_id=newposts
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have Discord I'm currently helping someone else out with a project by rigging the characters been have been done in Adobe Photoshop I'm pretty good at rigging and I'm currently have plenty of time because I'm in Florida taking care of my mom if you're looking for help contact me at Discord using the same handle as I have here
Dale
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm I think we definitely can be kinder here.
Yeah it's nice...
I can agree on creating it even if it won't be as lively as this forum...
So what's the update is there a discord server???
If not can i create one???