Rotating points

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hamedss

Rotating points

Post by Hamedss »

Hi
Is there any way to rotate a group of points. I tried this with transform tool and result was weired. If you rotate a groupe of points they goes in straight line to new postion
look what happened in in between of transform
slowtiger

Re: Rotating points

Post by slowtiger »

If you need to rotate something which shall retain its shape, you use layer rotation only.

The "rotate points" tool is meant for constructing stuff, not actual animation.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Re: Rotating points

Post by Greenlaw »

The native Transform Points always rotates from the center of the selection. There's no way to set an arbitrary origin like you can with a layer. However...

DKW Root created a Transform Points mod that let's you set a different origin for the selection and transform it from that origin. You can get the mod from here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30487

If you really need this capability, I highly recommend the mod. You set the selection origin by Shift-Alt-clicking and then just transform the selection with the tool as normal. If you need to use the normal center selection, just click the Center button.

The 'downside' is that you need to click the Center button every time you want the use the tool the 'normal' way, which can get annoying if that's the behavior you expect most of the time. Depending on what I'm doing, I sometimes have to swap the tools. (Sometimes I think I should try to mod the mod to load as a separate tool but just too lazy I guess.) :)