Cannot seperate Layers...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hauksbee01

Cannot seperate Layers...

Post by Hauksbee01 »

I slid the Left Leg over so I could see both legs to install Bones. Now I want to slide it back, but, the Bones are influencing each other. I know the Beak Bone shows an Influence Lozenge but since I made that Screen Cap, I have reduced all Bones to zero Influence. How do I get them apart?
Greenlaw

Re: Cannot seperate Layers...

Post by Greenlaw »

As explained in the other thread, the default Flexi-binding mode means all un-binded layers are affected by all bones that have strength.

In this situation, you need to use Use Selected Bones For Flexi-binding. This excludes other bones from influencing the selected artwork layers. Alternatively, you can use Point Binding or a combination of USBFF and Point Binding. Both methods limit which bones can influence your artwork layers and points.

With these two modes, alone or combined, it's not even necessary to move the leg artwork away from the character with Offset Bone because the selected art layers are assigned to specific bones for deformation. That said, the Offset Bone tool is sometimes still useful when trying to make the setup visually clearer or to make certain bones easier to select in frame 0. (I sometimes use Offset Bones so I can select a chain of tail bones for Sketch Bone animation more easily during animation.)

Hope this helps.
Hauksbee01

Post by Hauksbee01 »

Where do I go to select "Use Selected Bones for Flexi-Binding"?

I've already double-clicked the Bones Layer and brought up Layer settings>Bones>Flexible Binding. But I suspect you're talking about something else.
mrc

Post by mrc »

It's in the 'Bone' menu. CTRL-Shift-F. You have to have the Layer and a few bones selected.

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, you can select more than one layer when using this feature. This is a big timesaver when you have a lot of layers that make up a limb. Also, the binding happens to all selected bones.

For example, if you're binding body parts to the spine, first select all the torso layers including the neck, then select the bones SpineLo, SpineUp and Neck bones (or whatever you've named them,) and then choose the menu command Use Selected Bones for Flexi-binding (Ctrl-Shift-F). You'll know which layers are using this mode because the bones will be highlighted when you select the layers.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Getting back to the 'combo' method described, you might, for example, use 'Use Selected...' to bind most of your character's head layers and Flexi-bind the layers to the neck bones, and then you might want to Point Bind all the beak points the upper mouth bone except for the points at the base. This will, in effect, keep most of the beak art 'rigid' but still allow the base of the beak to flex a little with other nearby bones and artwork.