Default drawing directory

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Default drawing directory

Post by Greenlaw »

That's a pretty vague question. Do you mean a folder for imported artwork files like PNG and PSD?

If so, I like to make a folder called 'images' and place all my art in there. Inside that folder, I have a 'wip' folder which contains the files that were used to make the Moho-destined image files located outside of this folder. I keep this separate from the rest of the Moho project files because multiple Moho project files may reference these images.

This Image folder can go anywhere that's accessible to Moho but I suggest keeping it in a project folder next to a Moho folder containing the Moho project files. My typical production folder is structured like this:

[Drive]
- Projects
-- Brudders (a production folder)
----moho (folder containing Moho project folders for each scene)
--------s01 (folder with scene 1 Moho project files)
--------s02 (folder with scene 2 Moho project files)
--------s03 (folder with scene 2 Moho project files, etc.,...)
----images
------------char
----------------sergeant
--------------------wip (folder containing source files for creating artwork)
--------------------sgtHead.png
--------------------sgtBody.png
--------------------sgtArmL.png
--------------------(etc., ...)
----------------toullie
--------------------touHead.png
--------------------touBody.png
--------------------touArmL.png
--------------------(etc., ...)
------------enviro
----------------bg01
--------------------bg01.png
----------------bg02
----------------(etc., ...)

----audio
----edit
-- HLF (another production folder)
---- (etc., ...)

This is a fairly common setup for productions that have multiple scenes. It's much easier to keep track of everything, especially when there are dozens of scenes to animate and render.

If you're only working in a single Moho project file for the whole production, you can just keep the folder in the same folder with the Moho project file. I would only do this for very simple single-scene animations.

Note that if you move the images folder, Moho will lose track of the images. But if you point Moho to where one of the images are, it can usually locate the others. Best to decide where everything should go before you go too far in your production and stick with that system.

The only way Moho will always find the images is to keep the images in the same folder as the Moho project...but that gets messy and impractical in productions with many scenes, so I don't recommend it.

That's probably more info than you were asking for but I hope it helps. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Uh, looking at the signature and there being no such thing as a "default drawing directory" in Moho, I assume this is spam.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I figured that out after posting. Oh, well...maybe the above info is useful to a real person somewhere? :)