Corrupted .moho file.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toymaker1

Corrupted .moho file.

Post by toymaker1 »

Hallo.
I have started using Moho Pro 12 again, after about a year. I find that I cannot open my .moho files. - they have had .psd added to the file extension.
For example. I have an Moho file of a Gurkha soldier, called 'Gurkha Rigging test 3.moho'. When I try to open it, I get a message saying 'There is a file missing. Would you like to locate it manually?'
and 'The following file could not be located. `Gurkha side MOHO LAYERS.psd' Then it says.....'Opening Gurkha Rigging Test 3.moho' then moho opens, but the file is totally corrupted, with coloured discs everywhere.
Can anyone tell me what is going on here?
I am using Moho Pro 12 on iMac OSX 10.14.3.
Grateful for any advice.
synthsin75

Re: Corrupted .moho file.

Post by synthsin75 »

That's not a corrupted Moho file. If you've moved the PSD. Moho won't be able to find it and you'll have to locate it manually.
Greenlaw

Re: Corrupted .moho file.

Post by Greenlaw »

I think if you've altered the PSD, for example duplicated/deleted layers, it can break the Moho scene. Moho looks at layer IDs in a layered PSD, and if these IDs change, Moho won't be able to find the layers. I don't know if that's what happened in your case but it's another possibility.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to export PNGs from the PSD instead. This way, destructive changes in the PSD won't affect Moho. Just overwrite the PNGs when you're ready and Moho will update the artwork automatically.

If you're not already using it, I highly recommend the free Export-Layers-To-Files-Fast plugin for Photoshop. It works great for exporting PNG layers for Moho. This plugin is not only faster than the native layers to files export command, it sports many additional features.