isolating bone keyframes

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

Post Reply
User avatar
Gnaws
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

isolating bone keyframes

Post by Gnaws » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Is there any way to show bone NAMES in the "Channels" editor? The one thing that's always frustrated me about moho is isolating individual bone keyframes. I so wish it were more like After Effects'.

Have I been doing this wrong?
User avatar
synthsin75
Posts: 7160
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: isolating bone keyframes

Post by synthsin75 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 pm

Do the selected bone channels not do this?
User avatar
Gnaws
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: isolating bone keyframes

Post by Gnaws » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 pm

synthsin75 wrote:Do the selected bone channels not do this?
I've always had all the bones on one channel. Is that the problem?
User avatar
synthsin75
Posts: 7160
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: isolating bone keyframes

Post by synthsin75 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Gnaws wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Do the selected bone channels not do this?
I've always had all the bones on one channel. Is that the problem?
There are selected bone channels that show up below the all bone channels. If you have only one bone selected, those selected channel keys are only for that one bone.
User avatar
Gnaws
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: isolating bone keyframes

Post by Gnaws » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:08 pm

So you have to select the individual bone to see its keyframes? You can't see multiple bones at once? e.g. the root bone in relation to the head bone, etc? And no way to identify them with names?
User avatar
synthsin75
Posts: 7160
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: isolating bone keyframes

Post by synthsin75 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Gnaws wrote:So you have to select the individual bone to see its keyframes? You can't see multiple bones at once? e.g. the root bone in relation to the head bone, etc? And no way to identify them with names?
You can see multiple bone keys at once, on the all bone channels or for all selected bones. You can even use colored bones to isolate them further, into bone color channels.
Or you might try this script from Hayasidist: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=31612
User avatar
Gnaws
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: isolating bone keyframes

Post by Gnaws » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:52 am

synthsin75 wrote:You can see multiple bone keys at once, on the all bone channels or for all selected bones. You can even use colored bones to isolate them further, into bone color channels.
Wasn't aware of the colored bone option. That will be helpful. Labels in the editor would be even betterer. It gets to be such a cluster with complicated rigs and vector layers as I know you're aware.

synthsin75 wrote:Or you might try this script from Hayasidist: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=31612
I didn't understand this at all. Vector layers are already easy to isolate. And I didn't see anything happen with selected bones, etc. I'm sure it's just me...again.

Thanks again, Wes!!
Post Reply