Moho 12 Debut Super Bad Quality

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Feather4011

Moho 12 Debut Super Bad Quality

Post by Feather4011 »

So... First of all.. i made Finn from the Adventure Time series and bone rigged him.. made a small waving animation of him and then.. bad quality gets in my way.. in the project settings i have the youtube widescreen one cuz i tried everything else and it wasn't widescreen like 16:4 or sth.. i hope i can get help, i expected more from this version of moho.. and i'm broke so i can't buy the pro version.
Telemacus

Re: Moho 12 Debut Super Bad Quality

Post by Telemacus »

Are you Pendleton Ward??
I guess you've already compared both versions of Moho: https://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio- ... sions.html, so yeah, there are some serious limitations.
However, fairly often Smith Micro offers excellent discounts (up to 50%!).
Also, you can get previous versions of moho (like 11) for much less. Google it and shop around.
That's all I can think of right now.
Feather4011

Post by Feather4011 »

Oh.. thats a bit sad.. but no kidding im actually broke.. i'm trying to make animations on yt to get money and atleast have a life where i can buy what i want.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Actually, Debut can render widescreen or 16:9 aspect. Go to Project Settings and choose 480p Widescreen. This is comparable to DVD res but with square pixels, so it's actually better than DVD quality.

What Debut can't do is HD res because its output resolution is limited to SD. But you can still output 480p widescreen for YouTube.

If you want to convert this to HD, you can technically upscale it a number of ways in post. But the result is a 'fake' HD so unless you're submitting the animation somewhere where HD format is a requirement, I wouldn't bother with up-rezzing.

If you wish to render your animations in true HD resolutions (720p and 1080p) then, yes, you will need to upgrade to the Pro version. But don't give up: If you find you can make money from your animations, you may soon be able to afford the upgrade. Being limited to 480p shouldn't have any impact the quality of your work, and viewers will not care so long as the animations are entertaining. And after you're successful and can afford to upgrade to Pro, you can use it to re-render your Debut works at HD res.

(FYI, some of my old movies were originally 480p and were later re-rendered or digitally up-rezzed to HD.)

Good luck!