root bone oddity and other goings on

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

root bone oddity and other goings on

Post by zoesan »

thought I had this worked out, but for one rigged figure, not sure if anyone else has had this happen: root bone has all the necessary bones parented to it, but it rotates the figure instead of moving the figure, until that is you select a certain layer (it appears only one out of the ten layers or so works) then with that highlighted you then select the manipulate bone tool, figure then moves as required, that's OK on frame zero, but then on frame one etc, the manipulate bone tool reverts to rotating the figure. Also I now get a random vector layer with a heart shaped fan with line criss-crossing the centre, checked the manual, but can't find this one, so can't turn it off. Theres more. But TinyPic is saying successful upload but nothing on the message board that I can see no Add to Post button.
hayasidist

Re: root bone oddity and other goings on

Post by hayasidist »

zoesan wrote: root bone has all the necessary bones parented to it, but it rotates the figure instead of moving the figure, until that is you select a certain layer (it appears only one out of the ten layers or so works) then with that highlighted you then select the manipulate bone tool, figure then moves as required, that's OK on frame zero, but then on frame one etc, the manipulate bone tool reverts to rotating the figure.
If I understand properly what you're saying -- the manipulate tool behaves differently on frame 0 -- it's there to test the rig - so the bones flip back to their starting point when you do something else.
on frame 1 onwards, manipulate drives an IK chain -- if you want to move / rotate / scale bones it's best to use the transform bones tool.
zoesan wrote:Also I now get a random vector layer with a heart shaped fan with line criss-crossing the centre, checked the manual, but can't find this one, so can't turn it off.
That icon means it's a triangulated vector layer - anything from just one triangle up to a whole smart mesh.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

thanks hah, its not the frame zero that's odd, its just that when I go to move the root bone for this rig, after zero it rotates the whole figure, just came about over the last few days. I re-drawn and re-boned a couple of times now. Its a software issue, Image I get this now on another root bone don't look right too me.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

that looks like a copy by reference of the bone layer; and then the bones in the copy have been moved - and are no longer synced to the original.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Image Image Image I guess this might also be the same reference layer I'll look and re-do the layers; forward and sideways for now. Where can I find these icons and there explanations, the manual has a few.most
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

For the icons themselves - in the manual -- animation channels - chapter 16

The "inverted colour" means "not referenced" -- if you hover the mouse over one of those icons you'll see (e.g.) "Layer Translation - not referenced"

If you draw (etc) on a copy that action will create "not referenced" keys on frame 0 for the items that don't appear in the source - that's why there are so many "point motion" etc icons in snjbk7.jpg