Import Camera-Movement from Motion-Tracker?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DrNibbert

Import Camera-Movement from Motion-Tracker?

Post by DrNibbert »

Hello everyone!

I want to place a 2D-Character into reallife Footage. Is it possible to import Camera or Point-Data (for example from Aftereffects or FBX) into Moho?

Thanks a lot!
Showreel 2018 https://vimeo.com/254290989 - Moho 12.5.1, macOS 10.10, Adobe CS6
justoshow

Re: Import Camera-Movement from Motion-Tracker?

Post by justoshow »

I believe you can actually do camera tracking if I'm not mistaking directly in Moho and Anime Studio.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

DrNibbert wrote:I want to place a 2D-Character into reallife Footage. Is it possible to import Camera or Point-Data (for example from Aftereffects or FBX) into Moho
There's a script available for going the other way, Moho to AE, but not the other way around. I agree would be nice if Moho's FBX supported camera import or there were exchange scripts for nulls (I guess this would be Groups in Moho) and cameras like some other animation programs have. Then the camera tracking and layer/group positions could be set up in AE, Fusion or Syntheyes and brought into Moho or vice versa.

That said, IMO, it makes a lot more sense to composite the character in AE anyway...I mean, that's what AE is for. (Or Fusion for that matter.) What I typically do is animate the character 'in place' in Moho, and then import the render to a layer in AE. Then I enable 3D for the layer and then place/animate character using nulls and transforms (assuming, of course, that you've done your 3D tracking in AE already.) I take this approach all the time in shows at work and in personal projects.

As noted by Justoshow, Moho has a 2D tracker built-in. It's a bit limited but if your camera move is simple, it could do the trick. If you have AE though, I still recommend the previous suggestion...AE's 3D tracker will be faster and more accurate, especially for complex motions.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrNibbert

Post by DrNibbert »

Sweet, i didn't know there is a tracker inside Moho, such a cool program :D
But you're totally right about doing all the tracking inside the compositing-software - but still i'm impressed what moho can do! And it will probably still come handy for smaller projects :-)
Thanks a lot!!
Showreel 2018 https://vimeo.com/254290989 - Moho 12.5.1, macOS 10.10, Adobe CS6