Moho 12 randomly crashing when selecting layers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: Moho 12 randomly crashing when selecting layers

Post by chucky »

@kimandreasjohansson:
Oh yeah, Joao posted, well you got lucky there, nice :D
Well, I hope mac stops messing everyone around, sincerely. Half my family is tearing their hair out over mac hassles.
Also from a former fine art student who prefers windows and worked with very few studios that had any for more than window dressing, I hope Sweden gets a little more adventurous. :wink:
Headsquirrels

Post by Headsquirrels »

My Mac is repeatedly trying to update to 10.14.2 and I keep cancelling it (just getting annoying now) - can anyone confirm they've installed the update without it messing with Moho 12?
Fifty-eight weasels in a trench coat. Duvet full of coconuts. Novelist.
kimandreasjohansson

Post by kimandreasjohansson »

Headsquirrels wrote:My Mac is repeatedly trying to update to 10.14.2 and I keep cancelling it (just getting annoying now) - can anyone confirm they've installed the update without it messing with Moho 12?
I still have not noticed any new crash problems on mojave 10.14.2, as long as you update Moho to 12.5.
Visual artist based in Sweden.

iMac 5K (2017) 3.4 ghz i5, radeon pro 570, 16 gb ram
MacBook Air m1 16 gb ram
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

i have the same problem with the selecting layers as well

im WAS on a potato laptop and thought that was the problem. when i upgraded to a gaming laptop, i still have the same problem. it only crashes when sometimes selecting in the layers panel

im on windows 11:
Proccessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 16gb
GPU:Geforce RTX, intel UHD graphics
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Since undocking the Styles window isn't working for you, have you tried working with the Layers window also undocked? Undocking the Styles window is solving this problem for some users, so I'm wondering if undocking all of the windows can help in your case?

FWIW, for years, I've kept everything except for the Layers and Timeline window undocked, for efficiency reasons described elsewhere. Since this includes the Style window, that's probably why I'm not experiencing this crash

Just a thought...hope it helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

the layers and the timeline panels are undocked and on a second screen. and what's the "little green dog" for
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:10 am ...and what's the "little green dog" for
My partner's family name is 'Klein' which means 'small' or 'little' in German, 'Green' is the first half of my family name, and we both had dogs when formed our partnership. Put 'em together and we got Little Green Dog.

The cats and the child joined the team a bit later. 😸
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

well, i still have crashes when using the undocked layer panel. when i click, my mouse becomes a blue ring for a few seconds, then closes moho with no warning or error. its feels like i manually closed the program without the save warning...
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:52 am well, i still have crashes when using the undocked layer panel. when i click, my mouse becomes a blue ring for a few seconds, then closes moho with no warning or error. its feels like i manually closed the program without the save warning...
Just for reference - the main fix for this (at least on Windows) was undocking the Moho Styles panel. Have you tried that..?
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

no. but ill try that
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

SimplSam wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:25 pm
Just for reference - the main fix for this (at least on Windows) was undocking the Moho Styles panel. Have you tried that..?
wow it works thank you