Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gdub

Re: Content Paradise Shutdown Disussion

Post by gdub »

Kazimir wrote:Please post the address when ready. I am looking for Moho 12 content. When will you be up and running?
Thanks for the interest. Yes I will post the address when ready. It may take a little time though, building an ecommerce site is something new for me. It will feature all of the products I had on CP, and new content as well.
Kazimir

Post by Kazimir »

Any chance to sell directly now? As I know the 101 products I wanted to buy before CP closed as I made a note. There were six in fact. You see I was just about to buy a batch of 2d stuff from CP around three weeks ago and then suddenly it shut down. Primarily I wanted to buy 101 and IHMS stuff as I thought they would help me learn Moho as I am a beginner with 2d.
gdub

Post by gdub »

Kazimir wrote:Any chance to sell directly now? As I know the 101 products I wanted to buy before CP closed as I made a note. There were six in fact. You see I was just about to buy a batch of 2d stuff from CP around three weeks ago and then suddenly it shut down. Primarily I wanted to buy 101 and IHMS stuff as I thought they would help me learn Moho as I am a beginner with 2d.
Wow! Sounds urgent. If you like, I think you can contact me through this forum by clicking the "gdub" link under the little dinosaur.
DK

Post by DK »

Well.....I wasn't going to put my stuff on Renderosity but a today I received an email from them asking me if I wanted to port any of my stuff over. I was pleasantly surprised to find they have done all the work and all I had to do was log into my account and list what stuff I wanted them to put online. They suggested I put all my old CP stuff under Poser Legacy Content at 40 percent markdown. It will be interesting to see if anyone can find it there :)

Cheers
D.K
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

DK wrote:Well.....I wasn't going to put my stuff on Renderosity but a today I received an email from them asking me if I wanted to port any of my stuff over. I was pleasantly surprised to find they have done all the work and all I had to do was log into my account and list what stuff I wanted them to put online. They suggested I put all my old CP stuff under Poser Legacy Content at 40 percent markdown. It will be interesting to see if anyone can find it there :)

Cheers
D.K
I did the same. They told me if I wanted to not be in the legacy Content I could sent three lightbox images for each product. plus the department I want it in seeing as I ported 148 products that would be a substantial amount of work so I'm going with the legacy.
I heard from someone on the Smithmicro forum that you could set the price on legacy content. Does anyone know if that is correct?
Thanks and good luck.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

DK wrote:Well.....I wasn't going to put my stuff on Renderosity but a today I received an email from them asking me if I wanted to port any of my stuff over. I was pleasantly surprised to find they have done all the work and all I had to do was log into my account and list what stuff I wanted them to put online. They suggested I put all my old CP stuff under Poser Legacy Content at 40 percent markdown. It will be interesting to see if anyone can find it there :)

Cheers
D.K
Say what?! :shock: You mean Smith Micro handed over your IP to a third-party without your consent? I hope not to receive such an email since I have no interest in selling anything on Renderosity. Smith Micro is listed as a vendor under the Legacy Discounted Content section and I don't see any of their Moho content. Wait for it. :roll:
Still doing it.
DK

Post by DK »

I believe you can choose your legacy discount percentage, anywhere from 40 - 60 percent. Yes interesting how this was all handled. I havn't been asked to sign any Tax forms with Renderosity either. As a lot of people know, SM were pretty well across that stuff. :shock:

EDIT:
Maybe there's a commission deal we don't know about between these two companies? That would make sense.

Cheers
D.K
gdub

Post by gdub »

Kazimir wrote:Please post the address when ready. I am looking for Moho 12 content. When will you be up and running?
I've launched the grand opening of my new web site, https://www.cartoons1o1.com. I'll be populating it with more content as time goes by.
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

Looking good, gdub! :D
Still doing it.
gdub

Post by gdub »

jupitor6 wrote:Looking good, gdub! :D
Thank you!
Kazimir

Post by Kazimir »

I've launched the grand opening of my new web site, https://www.cartoons1o1.com. I'll be populating it with more content as time goes by.

Good looking and simple to use. Well done!
gdub

Post by gdub »

Kazimir wrote:I've launched the grand opening of my new web site, https://www.cartoons1o1.com. I'll be populating it with more content as time goes by.

Good looking and simple to use. Well done!

Thank you!
pihms

Post by pihms »

I asked Renderosity if they have or plan to have a dedicated section to Moho content. This is the reply from Renderosity:

"We currently don't have a department dedicated to Moho/Anime studio. However, once we see that we have at least 4 pages of Moho/Anime studio content, we'd make a department due to the amount of products. So if enough vendors make that much Moho content, we'll make a separate department just for that type of product."

There are 51 items on a page in Renderosity. I'll be adding 52 items that are Moho/Anime Studio content, which were previously on Content Paradise. I'm not making this exclusive since I may want to add other possibilities, such as my own store later. My items alone would cover one page, and start a second. There are plenty of Moho artists that could benefit from this transfer and, with enough, could start our own section on Renderosity. :D
gdub

Post by gdub »

Thanks for the info. Until there's a dedicated department for Moho, what departments will Moho content be found?
pihms

Post by pihms »

They are recommending the Legacy section, though I will be placing mine in the 2D section. At the pace they are moving, I'm not too hopeful for how it will turn out, I'm having some reservations.