Huge images in my Moho interface

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Superprisma

Huge images in my Moho interface

Post by Superprisma »

So, I just installed Moho on my new laptop and I noticed that all the icons (tools, keyframes, icons) are really big!
My laptop has a very high resolution so maybe that's the problem. But I don't know how to fix it.

https://image.ibb.co/hKDPnp/Moho_Icons.jpg

Can someone help me?
Greenlaw

Re: Huge images in my Moho interface

Post by Greenlaw »

Funny, I was just writing about this the other day in another thread.

I'm guessing it might have to do with your Display setting in Windows 10. Look under the Scale And Layout settings and set the size to 100%. This should make the icons normal size (relatively speaking.) You'll probably also want to enable Larger Fonts in Moho's Preferences...otherwise, the text might look too tiny.

On my tablet computer system's 13-inch display, 100% actually makes Moho's UI too small to work with. To compensate, I have to slightly reduce the screen's display resolution. My 'suggested' resolution is 2560 x 1440, but when I drop it to 2048 x 1152, it's more visually usable. (I still wish the text was slightly bigger at this size but I'll deal.)

The problem is that I don't think Moho is fully adaptable to high pixel density screens yet (many programs still have this problem.) This issue is better with Moho than it was a few years ago so hopefully, they're still working on making it better.

(I used to have to drop the screen res down to 1920 x 1080 for visual usability, so it is getting better.)

FYI, I just got a new laptop too, which has an even higher density screen than my tablet computer. I think I'm using the max resolution on that computer, but have the scale turned up (the opposite of what I wrote above.) Sorry, not sure what scale value it's at but I can check on this later today.
Superprisma

Post by Superprisma »

Thanks for your reply, it worked!
Well, due to the lower resolution everything is a little blurry now. :(

But as long as it works. For now I guess I'll just switch between display resoultions when working with Moho.
It's a bummer but it's still better than having those gigantic icons.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

There's a Windows option that's supposed to help with the blurriness. Look at the Properties for your Moho Shortcut and click on Compatibility and then click Change High DPI Setting. Follow the instructions there under Program DPI regarding program blurriness.

It might not help but it's worth a shot. Good luck.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Quick followup: I just checked Moho on my laptop. The laptop's display is 3840 x 2160 and the physical size is 17-inches. To make Moho and most other programs look correct and usable on this computer, I have to set the Windows scaling to 200%.

So, the settings are probably going to vary from computer to computer and personal preferences.

It's too bad we don't have more control over this. I think ideally, Windows should offer scaling on a per-application level. Some programs I use give me a great deal more control over how the UI looks, but scale should probably be an OS thing. Anyway, I don't really care where the control comes from, the program or the OS, but something needs to be done.

Anyway, I hope this info helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Superprisma

Post by Superprisma »

The Change High DPI Setting didn't work unfortunately but what did was setting the scale to 249% instead of 250%.
250% was the recommended scale for my laptop so I tried getting as close to it as possible.

Thanks a lot for the advice with the 200%! The entire interface was a litte too small so I tried scaling it up to see at which point the icons were getting big.
As long as it's below 250% everything seems to work fine. Except for the font sizes, I couldn't even tell a difference between a scale of 200% and 249% in Moho.

My laptop has the same resolution, but with 15-inches.