Phoneme Keyframes not interpolating.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Monkey Possum

Phoneme Keyframes not interpolating.

Post by Monkey Possum »

So we're using Papagayo, it's pretty cool for lip sync. We import the .dat file into Moho. It works, but the interpolation between mouth shapes seems to only work when it wants to. It will interpolate between mouth shape 1 and 2, but then just switch from mouth shape 2 to 3.

When we test manually entering mouth shapes with the switch selector, the interpolation works as expected.

Thoughts?
synthsin75

Re: Phoneme Keyframes not interpolating.

Post by synthsin75 »

Maybe keyframes are very close, so it looks like they don't interpolate?
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

No, double checked, using the tutorial 5.2 file. Even one frame between keyframes should interpolate. Not interpolating between phoneme keyframes. But if I use the switch selector to animate the mouth, in interpolates fine.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

.dat files do not determine interpolation. That can only be changed in the switch layer settings, default timeline interpolation, or manually. So it makes no sense that some would and some wouldn't, unless the ones that don't are not copies of other phonemes (where they have the exact same point count and order...just moved around differently). Mismatched vectors cannot interpolate.
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

I get that .dat files do not determine interpolation. I'm just checking / unchecking the "interpolate sub-layers" box in the mouth layer "Switch" tab.

Ah, let me check for mis-matched vectors! Thanks.