panels not recognising tablet pen

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

superonIII

panels not recognising tablet pen

Post by superonIII »

this seems to be a thing since last update.
is this something anyone else is experiencing or knows what's happening in a way that can be remedied?
it's super annoying having to click with the mouse every time i want access to a panel re: tools and enabling auto -stroke etc
superonIII

Re: panels not recognising tablet pen

Post by superonIII »

on further inspection it appears to be a system-wide issue so doubtfully anything to do with moho be the cause
Greenlaw

Re: panels not recognising tablet pen

Post by Greenlaw »

Is this a Wacom tablet?

Look for the Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility and remove your preferences. See if that helps.

I had a problem in Krita recently where the pen was just not working properly at all, but I couldn't do the above. The problem had to do with my current preferences because when I loaded an older set, Krita worked fine. However, I couldn't just replace the settings because I have a lot of custom program settings in the current one, and the 'good' settings I had were from over a year ago and seriously out-dated. What I wound up doing is making a duplicate of my Wacom settings and systematically removing settings and testing with Krita until I found the setting that was messing it up. I did find the bad setting and curiously, it had nothing to do with Krita! So I reloaded the 'bad' settings file, removed only the bad setting, saved that file, and then removed and re-installed my Wacom Drivers (just to be safe). After re-loading my now good settings, Krita is working fine with the Wacom.

Maybe something like that will work for you. If you don't really need your current Wacom settings or don't have a backup, you can skip a lot of what I had to do and just use the utility.

If that doesn't work, completely remove and then install the latest Wacom drivers from scratch.

FWIW, the current Wacom drivers work for me in Moho 12.4. I use Moho 12.4 with a Wacom Cintiq at my workplace and with a Cintiq Companion 2 for personal work at home.