Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

flop3545

Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by flop3545 »

I'm thinking about upgrading to Moho 12, however it feels like a while since it was released which makes me wonder if v13 is due anytime soon. Has anyone heard anything at all to suggest that Moho 13 is coming any time soon? I wouldn't want to purchase v12 if v13 is just around the corner.
byron

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by byron »

Been wondering this myself. Smith Micro doesn't really inspire confidence that Moho will continue to be developed, and since Moho is in kind of an unknown state at the moment, I've been seriously looking at the upcoming Blender 2.8/Grease Pencil as an alternative. It's way more complicated to use at the moment, but it has a large user base and an active development community. I just have no idea when or *if* Moho will ever be updated.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

All I can say is that Moho is definitely still being developed.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If anybody knew anything about Moho 13 (and I'm not saying I know anything about Moho 13):

First rule of Moho 13: you do not talk about Moho 13.
Second rule of Moho 13: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT MOHO 13.

I think it's safe to say Moho is still in development though. If I knew anything, I mean. Which I don't so don't ask. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:First rule of Moho 13: you do not talk about Moho 13.
Second rule of Moho 13: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT MOHO 13.
Psst. You're talking about you know what. :P
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

IMO Smith Micro is just the totally wrong company for Moho. I mean just by looking at their website you can hardly find anything about the software. The graphics stuff was a byproduct of buying out efrontier whom they were more interested because of some utility or networking stuff they had.

At their last yearly report meeting, one analyst even posed the question, why they had graphics software in their portfolio, as it didn't seem that that would be much of a focus for the company.

Their focus clearly is on different things, which is totally fine, but i think it'd be best they would just sell Moho off to a company that actually knows how to sell it. And rehire its original creator. It's really a shame because up until 2016 it seemed Moho was gaining speed and industry adoption.
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Not talking about an upcoming upgrade is a freaking strange way to promote a product, if you ask me. (unless you want people to forget that you even exist, which perhaps is SM´s intention if we are to judge by their weird decisions).
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It's not so strange. Not talking about products currently in development is standard practice throughout any industry.

You'll probably start hearing more about a new release (of Moho 13 or whatever it will be called) as they get closer to releasing it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, much easier to weather impatience waiting for a new version than disappointment over a missed release date.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Moho still has a beta team and bug reporting. Smith Micro as gotten rid of Mike and outsource his job to somewhere in the world.

So it good news and bad news.

Everyone who could say anthing more has signed a NDA.

Dale
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Probably a few years away for the next full version. Poser 11 got released almost 3 years ago and counting.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

there's too much negative speculation here. Moho is alive and well.

And, as has been said -- NDAs prevent anyone who actually knows what's going on from saying anything more about it.

Everyone is entitled to express their opinion about SM's business strategy, but just based on an observation of the numbers, it looks as though it's working... SM's stock price has recovered somewhat (around $2.50 now from a 5 year low of $0.80 a year or so ago); the threat of de-listing from NASDAQ has been lifted; and the company has reported its first profitable quarter (non-GAAP) in quite a while.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Moho 12 released 2016 and counting. I would think since Poser has been waiting about 3 years for an update that it would be first but so far no new versions being released from the new team. Oh, but everything is coming along great! :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

hayasidist wrote:there's too much negative speculation here. Moho is alive and well.
And, as has been said -- NDAs prevent anyone who actually knows what's going on from saying anything more about it.
Everyone is entitled to express their opinion about SM's business strategy, but just based on an observation of the numbers, it looks as though it's working... SM's stock price has recovered somewhat (around $2.50 now from a 5 year low of $0.80 a year or so ago); the threat of de-listing from NASDAQ has been lifted; and the company has reported its first profitable quarter (non-GAAP) in quite a while.
And you reckon that's got to do with their NDAs? Seriously? wow, never guessed it'd be that easy to make a company rebound in the stock market. :shock:
In that case, I guess an equally valid argument would be that removing any clues pointing at "graphics software" from their main site might have had something to do with it also.
(BTW, NDAs were already on when the stocks reached bottom).
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Telemacus wrote:
hayasidist wrote:there's too much negative speculation here. Moho is alive and well.
And you reckon that's got to do with their NDAs? Seriously? wow, never guessed it'd be that easy to make a company rebound in the stock market. :shock:
In that case, I guess an equally valid argument would be that removing any clues pointing at "graphics software" from their main site might have had something to do with it also.
(BTW, NDAs were already on when the stocks reached bottom).
He didn't say one had anything to do with the other. Read before you react.