How to See What the Camera Sees?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Monkey Possum

How to See What the Camera Sees?

Post by Monkey Possum »

I'm experienced in other compositing environments like AE and Motion, but new to Moho. I'm trying to learn how to use the Track Camera. I select the Track Camera. When I change the value of x, y or z, a blue icon thing moves around. I assume that represents the camera itself? That's cool, but how do I switch to see what the camera sees?

Thanks for any help. I've looked around and I can't find this answer.
Greenlaw

Re: How to See What the Camera Sees?

Post by Greenlaw »

Everything that falls inside the blue boundary is the camera's FOV (the frame Moho will render.) If you don't see the boundary and you see the camera itself, you're probably looking at the workspace from a 3D orbit view.

To get back to the camera view, click on any of the Workspace tools and then click the Reset View button in the tool options bar. (Pressing Home also works.)

Be careful not to confuse this with the Reset button found in any of the Camera tools' options. This will reset the camera's XYZ position and orientation, which is NOT the same thing.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Also, note that you can have multiple views open at the same time. If you're going to work with 3D camera moves and multiplane setups, it's often easier to set one view to the camera view and one to the orbit view.

Hope this helps.
Monkey Possum

Post by Monkey Possum »

Yes, that's exactly it. Thank you very much.