Hand switch layers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Hand switch layers

Post by zoesan »

started making vectors of hands and would like to have two hands switch in at the same time on the rig, I've place it in the Boned Character folder, do I place each hand in separate switch layers and how do switch hands get rigged to the character, do I manually bind the points to the hand bone on switch reveal, I know that they visible but not bound, can't figure out from the demonstrations I've looked at.
zoesan

Re: Hand switch layers

Post by zoesan »

Ok I've worked the hand but not both hands out, problem is now where do you put the patch layer if needed
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You put each hand in its own switch layer. Usually you create just 1 hand and flip the duplicate to get the other. You want 2 independent hand switch layer because usually you'll have different hands .

As for binding, one method is to have each hand in its own bone layer, and put these into the switch. The other method is to have the bones in the switch layer, but this only works with hands which are not too different from each other.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

thanks again slowtiger, what appears on the demo videos isn't always clear, will spend some more time on it.