Unbinding layers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Unbinding layers

Post by zoesan »

I've made a folder with stem petals flower head, and bound that to the hand, some way down the timeline it rains and the petals etc fall, now I want to unbind the layer, and move the arm and hand independently except even going back to frame 0, and selecting the bind layer tool and clicking on the screen, when I return to the place in the timeline, and move the hand, the petals on the ground still move with the movement of the hand, any ideas.
Greenlaw

Re: Unbinding layers

Post by Greenlaw »

When I run into a binding puzzle, I find it's quicker and easier to reset the binding for the 'broken' layers. To do this, just select the layers in question and choose Reset All Bone Rigging. What this does is it resets the selected layers' binding to Moho's default binding method (Flexi-bind). Make sure you have selected ONLY the layers you wish to reset. If you select the only Bones layer, Moho will assume you wish to reset all the layers.

After you have reset the 'broken' layers, apply the binding method you wish to these layers.

If you're not certain about what you're doing, be sure to work from a copy of your project.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, if you use Design Mode, you can toggle between your current animation frame and frame zero. It's super handy to set this to a shortcut, especialy when adjusting rig settings after you've begun animating the scene.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

After following Dennis's advice, you'll probably want to bind that folder to its own bone, so you can animate unparenting that bone from the hand, when it releases the flower.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Great スゴイ (sugoi) Japanese: thanks synthsin75, did do a boning number originally, but went for layer binding in the end, where is Design Mode, is that under drop down menu view: New Workspace, Mr Captain Marshmallow ( yes I did read to the bottom of your blog, and I know I should get out more ) I do so now and again, tackling a short animation phew, didn't realise so much forward planning, and the Admin, naming folders and clips etc, getting to grips with it.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The Design Mode toggle is under View, near the bottom. I have mine set to Ctrl-Shift-D. I'm not sure that's the default but it works well for me.