Depth Shifting

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Depth Shifting

Post by zoesan »

Watching a video: Pro 9.5 Overview - Depth Shifting with Shift/Alt keys the object moves back in z then snaps back to original visual size, I've been unable to get this for now it doesn't snap or show up in the orbit view as having been shifted, using Moho 12.4, purpose of use was if Zoom Camera is used on a foreground object will the result be blurring on the object that has been moved back in Z not sure about it, but can't view to make an assement.
Greenlaw

Re: Depth Shifting

Post by Greenlaw »

What Shift-Alt-drag does to a selected layer is it pushes is in Z-space but maintains the relative visual size of the layer to camera. It's very useful when creating real depth for environment layers that have been laid out for multi-planing. (i.e., a layered background created in a paint program.)

An effective way to see how this works is to split your workspace into two views, one with the camera view and one with an orbit view showing the planes from an upper 3Q angle. With the transform layer tool selected, hold down Shift-Alt and, in the ORBIT view, push the selected layer to its new postion in Z-space. After releasing the mouse button, the image size will snap to visually fit the camera view but with the new position. Be sure to do this in the Oribit view if you want to see how far you're pushing the layer because only the selected view is interactive. If you do this in the camera view, it will be harder to judge how far you're pushing the layer.

And, yes, this feature works the same way in 12.4 as it did in back in 9.5.

Hope this helps.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Hi Greenlaw I still can't get the depth shift to work Alt/Shift , I got it working in AS 9.5, but for some reason its just not snapping back in 12.4, I like the split screen working method.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's weird. It sounds like maybe something is overriding your Shift key? What happens if you try the other shift key? (Not likely unless it's a physical keyboard problem, and that would probably affect 9.5 and other programs too. Just curious.)

Not sure what could prevent Shift in Moho 12. How about after if you reset your keyboard shortcuts? Be sure to save your current shortcuts settings if you're using custom.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

one solution if I wish to continue until I figure out the keyboard shortcuts, haven't found the window yet, is possible use anime pro 9.5 and import object, will try that if necessary.