Vectors in layer turn gray when selecting a different layer.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Keyframer

Vectors in layer turn gray when selecting a different layer.

Post by Keyframer »

Sorry, I'm simply hitting roadblock after roadblock while drawing simple shapes :(

I finally drew the most basic shape in Moho 12. It has a blue fill and dark gray stroke. It looks perfect when the layer it's on is selected. Then I go to select a different layer and the shape turns grey - like 50% grey - including it's outline. I can't for my life understand why. It never did this before. I'm sure once I post this and go back to Moho, I'll solve it but I've spent all morning trying to draw basic shapes in hope of getting to rigging and I'm hitting showstoppers every step of the way. baby steps for me. I come from 20 years of using Flash/Animate, most of the Adobe Creative Suite and lots of other programs so I feel like I know what I'm doing for years/decades. But the Moho drawing engine is tripping me up bad. I'll get there. Not knocking it. Just trying to understand :(
2 outta 3 dimensions ain't bad
Keyframer

Re: Vectors in layer turn gray when selecting a different la

Post by Keyframer »

Of course!!!!!!
Somehow the Display Quality settings changed. WOW! I never used that drop down before so somehow I hit a shortcut key that changed the preview settings of what's on the screen. Back down the hole...
chucky

Post by chucky »

Don't worry , you are doing well. I remember the initial ,' hey this is cool but what the hey? ' .

I actually rage quit for about a year, after a tantrum, due some basic thing I just didn't see.

Stay frosty.
Keyframer

Post by Keyframer »

Thanks Chunky - I found the issue was a 3-key-combo-shortcut I was hitting that was changing the display quality settings. I'm an old dog trying to break too many years of Adobe Flash/Animate habits. "Frosty" is the word of the day :)