re-using walk cycle from another document

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

re-using walk cycle from another document

Post by zoesan »

I've edited a figure and created a new document would like to re-use walk cycle created in previous document, can't remember where I saw 'how to' been watching so many webinars that I didn't make a note. May be this should go into 'How do I' section of forum apologise since its already posted.
slowtiger

Re: re-using walk cycle from another document

Post by slowtiger »

Open new project, import "Anime Studio Object", select old project, select top layer of walk cycle.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

thanks slowtiger, for now I will just go back to the original un- edited document of the figure where the walk cycle already exists, and edit the figure from there whilst I try and recover the webinar I saw, I believe you are describing importing a moho object from file import which does bring over the key frame cycles, I was looking more at if there was a way to just attaching the walk cycle from one document to a replica rigged figure in another document.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That would be a reference from one file to another, and No, that's not possible.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
mrc

Post by mrc »

Could you not save the walk cycle as an action and load that action into the other document?

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Probably copies it from the mainline, by right-clicking it in the action window, while editing the new action.
thats reply from synthsin75 regarding actions, but must confess being still at early stages of usage of software have yet to use this in a controlled manner by that I mean so far it doesn't always work(ish). Still more study and practice of application to go on my part, there is visual material out there, but boy its like having a paint brush in one hand and a broom up my arse, following screen webinar demonstrations. Forward and Sideways for now.