Trying to upgrade???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Keyframer

Trying to upgrade???

Post by Keyframer »

Hi all. I purchased the Debut version of Anime Studio a week or so ago and realize I like it enough to buy the pro version for all it's greatness. BUT after paying for it and getting the confirmation email and links to download the PRO version, I run the installers on both my MAC and WIN machines and when I launch it, it's still the Debut version :(

I'm pretty well versed with computers and I've been at this now for an hour. Uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting. Same thing. Just the Debut version is all I got. I see on my account's downloads page the section to download Debut and Pro - I'm clearly downloading Pro version but not sure what it takes to get rid of the Debut version.

Also, I see 2 different MAC versions for PRO for download:
Download Moho_12.3_MAC_ESD_2.pkg
Download Moho_12.4_MAC_ESD.pkg

I feel dumb.
2 outta 3 dimensions ain't bad
Greenlaw

Re: Trying to upgrade???

Post by Greenlaw »

Maybe you still have old preferences that tell Pro to use Debut mode?

Check the Preferences window under General. If the first item 'Run As Moho Debut' is checked, uncheck it and restart.

I seem to recall somebody else had this issue a while back, and it was something else causing the problem. Try searching for it in this forum.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31622&p=180255&hilit=debut#p180255

In this case, it was because the original Debut license was never deactivated and you can't activate both Debut and Pro at the same time.

Once you properly activate Pro, you do get the option to use either one under the Pro activation though as described in the previous post.

Hope this helps.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just remembered something: if you have ASP, you might not get the Pro option I mentioned. I think that was introduced in Moho Pro 12.
Keyframer

Post by Keyframer »

SOLVED! Thank you Greenlaw! Deactivating was something I looked at and was one click away from doing but the warnings scared me from doing it. The warning didn't explain that it was necessary if upgrading. It just warned me that I'd need to re-activate. Anyway, that was the trick! I'm finally using the Pro version. Thanks again!
2 outta 3 dimensions ain't bad