Lines are Blurry and Pixelated When Previewing

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Lines are Blurry and Pixelated When Previewing

Post by synthsin75 »

synthsin75 wrote:If you delete all the shapes on each layer, select all the points, and create one stroke shape, you will get the results in my picture.
chucky

Post by chucky »

The stroke is different to the vector.
The vector is the path, it has no thickness and is not rendered.
The Stroke gets applied to path, it describes colour, thickness, brush effects etc ( the material properties), you can have many shapes that pass through the same vectors.

What you have done is stacked a bunch of very fine 'Strokes' on top of each other, with no antialiasing.
It is bound to happen.

I would do as Wes says and use the delete 'Shape' tool - not delete vector and scrub it all out and create the shape again, it should take a couple of minutes.
Carefule not to make the same shapes stacked on top of easch other.

Btw this type of image, fine lines at low resolution with a very high contrast..... it's a perfect storm for aliasing in any program.
masusaca

Post by masusaca »

chucky wrote: I would do as Wes says and use the delete 'Shape' tool - not delete vector and scrub it all out and create the shape again, it should take a couple of minutes.
Carefule not to make the same shapes stacked on top of easch other.

Btw this type of image, fine lines at low resolution with a very high contrast..... it's a perfect storm for aliasing in any program.
So, what can I do instead of doing the shape delete method to create lines without having this problem?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you use the add point tool without auto-stroke, you can create the shapes afterward.
Add points, with auto-stroke, makes a stroke over everything connected every time it connects lines together. So every connection is stacking strokes.
masusaca

Post by masusaca »

synthsin75 wrote:If you use the add point tool without auto-stroke, you can create the shapes afterward.
Add points, with auto-stroke, makes a stroke over everything connected every time it connects lines together. So every connection is stacking strokes.
That makes more sense. I tried it and it works. The gap I been mentioning can is there between the two lines. However, the quality of the lines still bad. They look pixelated and blurry at the same time.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Wow I think my spellchecs is drunk.
masusaca

Post by masusaca »

chucky wrote:Wow I think my spellchecs is drunk.
Sorry, I was typing from my cell phone.
chucky

Post by chucky »

masusaca wrote:
chucky wrote:Wow I think my spellchecs is drunk.
Sorry, I was typing from my cell phone.
:D