Action referencing issue in Mainline

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

studiosjj

Re: Action referencing issue in Mainline

Post by studiosjj »

Ok i thought i'd sorted it by the copy and paste method but now i have this issue:

this

becomes this

The keyframe information seems to get frazzled? Any ideas for a work around/fix?

Can you render out the action timeline rather than the mainline?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks like you might have an additive cycle going.
studiosjj

Post by studiosjj »

There is no cycle, its a 60 frame loop. Works fine in the action window but when i paste it to the mainline the target bones head skyward?

Its just incredibly frustrating.
studiosjj

Post by studiosjj »

Is there a way to bake every frame in the action (i.e. every frames becomes a keyframe)? I'm just trying to find a workaround.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

So it loops without a cycle keyframe?

If you really want to solve your issues, you may need to post a file. We'd only need the bone layer, with its actions, to diagnoses the problem.
If it's commercial work, there are plenty of trustworthy people here you could PM.
studiosjj

Post by studiosjj »

Link to the file is below, i've pasted the action to the mainline to show the problem. Fingers crossed one of you guys can help.

https://cp.sync.com/dl/b06b8bc30#tygcce ... z-vdj5akhq
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Select both foot target bones and rejoin the bone translation channel. Delete all the keyframes, and now you can copy or reference the action and it behaves as expected.

If you copy the action to the mainline, you can then resplit the channel dimensions, if needed.
There does seem to be a bit of a bug here, but I'm not sure of the cause yet.
studiosjj

Post by studiosjj »

Thanks Wes I really cannot thank you enough.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - I think there's a bug to do with split dimensions in the target bone TAR_F_leg translation. In the action the dimensions are not split, but if you split them you get keys for x and y at each keyed point; however inserting (copy) the action into mainline does not correctly copy the y translation at the intermediate frames.

I **think** the base file mainline is somehow corrupt. The keys for TAR_F_leg stored in frames 1-60 are not the same as in the action; and it also holds split keys which don't have enough y keys. Manually erasing the "split" keys and overwriting the mainline translation keys with the values from the action does seem to work.

there's another issue that I don't think has bearing on the above - but there's a lot of "freeze" keys - and those freeze points also include keys for the smartbones for the head and neck actions -- so there will be conflicts with those actions over the walk.

again probably unrelated, but possibly an anomaly -- the wing base bone jumps on frame 1 -- it has a small animation offset

finally (for now) I note that the file was originally created back in Nov 2016 - which version of moho was that?