MOHO 12.4 CRASHES ALL THE TIME

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sisokels

MOHO 12.4 CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Post by Sisokels »

Writing with all self constraint, trying hard not to swear or curse!
But MOHO 12 crashes soo often that I can't get no work done!!
If only SMS can concentrate on making this beautiful software work better, instead of sending numerous marketing emails!!
It is soo frustrating 15 crashes in the past 90 minutes.
How can one pay for a software and then painfully struggle to use it??!!

[https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zZb2U ... StCR507MDf]
jupitor6

Re: MOHO 12.4 CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Post by jupitor6 »

Yeah, that's what we're all dealing with.. a bug here, a bug there, everywhere a bug bug!

I use AS Pro 11.2.1 and it's buggy. I'm amazed that some artists can do some seriously complex rigs that actually work. I have to resort to keeping it simple. In some instances, when I use multiple bone dials and smart bones + target bones, things go buggy. The smart bones conflict with each other, even though each bone has a unique name. Sometimes a feature works.. sometimes it doesn't. You try moving a leg using target bone and the whole thing freezes, as if you had applied bone locking to every bone. Then you, the artist, becomes a software debugger (or rather, a beta tester?), trying to figure out what went wrong. Totally nuts! :shock:

I see folks putting up videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVLrwpjG7V8 saying "Mistakes I've Made: Body Turn Layer Order in Anime Studio Pro and Moho Pro." I didn't know that there was a right and a wrong way to use a combination of features! You have to gradually learn what works well with what, and what doesn't work so well with something else. Some 'bugs' are actually a software limitation? Don't do it that way, do it this way? :shock:

I don't know what's going on @ Smith Micro.. Is the team too small and is asked to cram features + meet a tight shipping deadline, without much beta testing?.. The previous team was dismantled and set out to pasture, replaced with a new recruit of code warriors. If they fail to clean up the mess and get Moho back on track, it's curtains. Another bug (from the Looney Tunes camp) will tell us, "And 'That's all Folks!'"

Still doing it.
Sisokels

Post by Sisokels »

hmmm... Thamks all the same.
I feel like asking for a refund or something...
BitGid

Post by BitGid »

Hi all!
I'm using Moho 12.4 and constantly getting crashes- I now have to save after practically every change I make.
I'm maybe thinking it's my laptop but anime studio works fine and all the rigs I export from Moho to anime studios work fine in ASP
All my other software work fine
Again thanks for the suggestions