animating objects with sound

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

animating objects with sound

Post by zoesan »

I know this has been taken up some way back on the forum under 'make a character dance to the music' thread: rogermate 2008 taken up by heyvern. It wasn't conclusive, although not ruled out. I have done a graphic of a podcast microphone and now would like to have the arc emitting 'sound bars' respond to speech. I'm in the middle of reading 12.4 Moho manual so may well get some leads from that, but would like to pass it by here whilst RTFM'ing.
chucky

Re: animating objects with sound

Post by chucky »

Bones move to sound using the script in the menu.
If you set up a vector animation ( or any type of animation) then link it to a smart bone , then constrain that to a bone that runs from the script, you will have a good system.
You can dial up and don the constraints value which give you results on the fly so you don't have to keep rerunning the sound script the adjust the intensity of the smartbone's movement

I won't tell you the details of all the straightforward stuff like making smart actions or using the script, I've got too much else to do and that's all covered a lot.
I made an example that is in te library look for the 'scene' file called CK the quick and the dead. Each mouse has the sound script applied to various bones that make them move to the audio.

Remember the audio script runs once and MAKES bone rotation keyframes that are controlled by the volume , up and down. Use that rotation to controll any other animation.
Good luck.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

thats more than enough to be getting on with, got something to work from now, I've got the file called CK the quick and the dead from library but so far can't get the sound to work, always something eh, looks sharp though, will continue to try and get the sound to work, or re-load from library, possibly did something wrong.
chucky

Post by chucky »

The important parts are the bones , check the names on the bones - . This is all from memory I but I'm guessing one of those bones has A LOT of key frames. That is the one that l applied the sound script to . It will be called Audio bone or something like that.