Physics inside a closed circle

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Physics inside a closed circle

Post by zoesan »

Hi and welcome back to a New Year. I've been attempting to use physics inside a closed circle, with another ball within it to bounce off of the sides, used the folder to enable physics etc, but can't to date get it to work. Looked at 'key framing it' just doesn't quite look right, but may have to work on that further.
hayasidist

Re: Physics inside a closed circle

Post by hayasidist »

physics in the set-up you describe works fine and as expected here - what's the actual problem you're having?
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Hi Hayasidist my attempts so far haven't worked. I've set up the folder and layers in the folder, made the group folder named physics enabled, placed the other two vector layers inside - red ball is enabled and the other named non moving is 'enabled checked' and 'non moving' checked. The red ball drops a approx half a centimetres only - key frames made in timeline. TinyPic is no longer showing at all at the moment to upload.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

What I've found is that if I make a rectangle shape and cut out the middle with a circle it works. Otherwise it doesn't when ball is placed inside a closed circle at my end.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Well, doesn't that sound logical? Collision detection means recognising solid shapes. If you place some object inside another solid object, how should the software know what you mean? If you cut out a hole in a shape, you have empty space inside solid walls again, and it works fine.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Slowtiger, assuming there is no other method, I'd like to have more than one ball, and dropping into the now cut out circle shape from the rectangle, got any ideas how this can be achieved, there is no way I know of to cut out an entrance into the the circle via the rectangle containing the circle, so the balls can drop in. Once ball is out of the perimeter containing the cut out circle, the ball no longer responds to the physics of being inside but now just responds to the outer perimeter of the rectangle.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

One work around may be opacity setting. Will give it a go.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

you could have two copies of the ball:

copy1 already in the circle with physics off and not visible
copy2 outside the physics group and visually in front of the solid part of the container

animate copy2 arriving "in" the container, at which point:
switch visibility to copy1
physics nudge copy1
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Thanks Hayasidist like the sound of that, at the moment trying to keep numerals like on a Bingo number from remaining in place whilst the physics is operating, attaching to bones presently doesn't work.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Looks like just place text on same layer as bouncing ball instead of a separate layer.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I'm not 100% sure what you're after, but maybe this will help:
https://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files?id=491
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

nice one Jeremy! (now we know what the actual problem was!)
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Hi Jezjones, thanks for that, I did research on the web, but never came across this, the animation content in the process of making, with the aide of you animators out there, is being modified virtually live, since watching this video, ( I will watch again ) will now go back to the drawing board, the animation is for an article I'm putting together on Douglas Adams titled 42.