Question Regarding Audio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chiefr_suthrland

Question Regarding Audio

Post by chiefr_suthrland »

Alright, so this is a bit of a toughie. When creating/editing your audio files for your animation, you can't really calculate the timing in the animation (Ex: Character A walks up and introduces himself to Character B). I'm adding gaps of silence here and there for cases like this, but I know I can't perfectly guesstimate these instances. So if I wanted to make the gap shorter/longer, is there a way to edit the audio in Anime Studio or do I have to do it in post (Ex: Adobe Premiere/After Effects).
justoshow

Re: Question Regarding Audio

Post by justoshow »

You could always make a copy of the audio layer and move the copy to your liking. You'll have to have the audio1 enabled at the beginning and then disable audio1 and enable audio2. But IMO, you may want to do it in audacity or what ever audio program you're using. It'll work if you're exporting the audio with the animation. May be a bit tricky if you export in img sequence like I do. Hope this helps.
chucky

Re: Question Regarding Audio

Post by chucky »

You can duplicate the audio layer and turn off visibility at the edit you want to make.
Then use the sequencer to shift the duplicate to make the gap longer and shorter.
I use this method all the time, it works fine.... make sure the original has spatial positioning off as that is ridiculous .
When you edit the final sound in your NLE, you have to retime the original to match, I wouldn't use the audio output from Moho unless I was certain that it was perfect. That the crap part of this method but it's still all relatively easy.