Moho 12 Christmas Asset anc characters pack

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gjordan

Moho 12 Christmas Asset anc characters pack

Post by gjordan »

Hi everyone, I made some new content, this time a couple of characters and some assets for Christmas cards and scenes, if anyone of you you like to buy it at my content paradise store here's the link of my store http://www.contentparadise.com/SearchIm ... an%27s+Den

This is the pack

Also you could buy any from the pack individually, to look at it better visit the store ...
My Youtube Channel / Animaciones y tutoriales
https://www.youtube.com/c/JordansDen
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohocharacteranimators/ Moho Animators Facebook(English)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohoproesp/ Moho Pro Facebook(Español)
jahnocli

Re: Moho 12 Christmas Asset anc characters pack

Post by jahnocli »

This is just my opinion -- I hope you take it in the spirit in which it is given, as constructive criticism.
The quality of this artwork is not good enough. Take a look at the trees: I could make any of these inside a minute - why would I want to buy one from you? If you want people to buy your stuff, you have to give them a reason. I could go somewhere like Pixabay and download better for free; how about an integrated approach? Separate ornaments and a star for the Christmas trees, several rigged kids and some snowballs for a snowball fight, enough images to illustrate "Twas the Night before Christmas"? At the moment this is just so much disembodied clip art -- try to present your work as something unique...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Wow, Janocli, you call that constructive? I wouldn't wanna be there when you're not constructive!

I couldn't agree less with you, actually.

Gjordan is offering others the chance to buy some of his work. Who knows, It could save people a lot of "behind the monitor" hours for a few bucks.
Regarding the quality of his work, isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? what looks good to you might seem really ugly to me, and vice versa.

I thought the trees that you mention are not much worse than many I see around in videos.

You mention that you could make better drawings in a few minutes. Can we have a link to your artwork? No hard feelings, I might buy some.

I think this place would be a lot better if many of us offered our no longer used creations for sale instead of hiding them in the closet and putting others work down.

Peace.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I did say it was just my opinion. And I *did* offer some constructive advice - in my opinion. If I wasn't being constructive, I'm pretty sure you could tell the difference. But yeah, I'm sure I could put together some drawings for you...
Some stuff
Last edited by jahnocli on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Yes, I'll tell you the difference, it's really simple though. When one is constructive, one doesn't make derogatory comments like the ones that you've made, comments which can make people feel bad and were utterly unnecessary.

I don't know buddy, is it so hard to understand that people have worked really hard on something which they've done with all their love and they're just offering it to us?

I mean, the people at Smith Micro added his content to "content paradise". Where's yours?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It's a modern trend -- reacting antagonistically to honest criticism. I made no personal remarks, I just asked why anyone would purchase artwork for sale when - in my opinion, I don't know how many times I have to say it - better quality images are available for free. That's all I have to say.
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Agreed about the modern trend: Not caring about how the other person feels.
Shelde

Post by Shelde »

Some of the assets that are trying to be sold seem to be very rushed (like the mentioned trees)
I DO however like the snowman & the bat

Concerning constructive critic - the Santa needs major work on the boots & you can maybe drastically improve all the art by either making all the outlines strokes the same width OR completly getting rid off.
gjordan

Post by gjordan »

Well I appreciate all the comment inclusive the one of Jahnocli, thanks for all, what I can tell you is that I did that on purpose, the meaning is to provide variety, not to copy the look of many assets already in the store or the internet, some people maybe want to make a more painted look scene, like a real paint, so this is for them, to make a standard tree you can download a free tree from Pixabay. Also all in the pack all the assets are vectorized and basic rigged, is easy enough to edit any to look exactly like you want or the style you need with a few minutes, and I think for the price - I spend more in Mc Donalds every week - only the characters wort it enough in this package, also I provide any of them separated, if anyone want one could grab it also.

To finish about this I really hope it helps some of you to save some hours of work and as I will make more assets I know I will improve more in my workflow for them, if any use this for his Christmas scenes or cards I will really like to see his work, merry Christmas to everyone
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohocharacteranimators/ Moho Animators Facebook(English)
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

My opinion is that all this For Sale stuff is being posted in the General Moho Discussion forum and it needs to be moved to the Share Your Work Discussion forum.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Telemacus wrote:Yes, I'll tell you the difference, it's really simple though. When one is constructive, one doesn't make derogatory comments like the ones that you've made, comments which can make people feel bad and were utterly unnecessary.

I don't know buddy, is it so hard to understand that people have worked really hard on something which they've done with all their love and they're just offering it to us?

I mean, the people at Smith Micro added his content to "content paradise". Where's yours?
jahnocli's opionion is well considered, given his art background and long history here and on other forums. But that's really beside the point. Any feedback, consturctive or otherwise, can give you an idea of where the work stands. A mature artist won't focus on their "feels", they just strive to improve the craft.

Buyers generally don't care how hard an artist worked on their art. They only care, Is this art worth what I'm paying? In that regard, gjordan's work is a bit simplistic. Anyone fairly accomplished, as janohcli points out, could probably whip these up in less than an hour. That said, the pack option ($15 for 21 pieces) is the best value and will probably be useful to someone who can't make these themselves.

Also, regarding Content Paradise, I would love to know if there is, in fact, an open call for new content sellers. Perhaps gjordan could provide his experience in getting in? :idea: :D
gjordan

Post by gjordan »

Hi neeters_guy I really could tell you no one could do all this asset in an hour, less that all are at least basic rigged, and yes my point is simplistic, because the meaning to provide assets this way at least for me, is to help others who, maybe dont want to draw and rig, or expend so much time doing it all, but also want to give the assets his own feeling editing them. Also the price is more than fair, is cheap in comparative to the amount of work I spend in the assets.

For me people who bought assets has his own reasons, maybe they want more to animate and not to draw so much, and there are also the people who like to do all from scratch this is not for them of course

About my experience, I could tell you that its open to everyone who wants to sell his own content, at Smith Micro site there's a form you should fill with your info, also I think at content paradise there is a link at the bottom of the front page. I give them my info but after some time they reached my through some tweets I posted about my first assets and help me to complete the process.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I think the biggest hurdle at content paradise is probably the legal and tax forms.
I've seen them and 'cripes' they look like they fell out of a fax machine in the 80's.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I agree. These are maybe an hour worth of work.

But skilled artists proficient in Moho really aren't the target market for this either.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I think I may have been overly generous in saying this belongs in the Share Your Work Discussion forum. There have been others who posted their warez here for sale but the intent was to benefit the community by alerting them a discount being provided. What is the benefit to the community? Nothing, it's clearly just advertising warez for sale. It doesn't benefit the reader or the community and as such should be sent to the Spam Folder.

Now I am never one to stop anyone from making a buck. I wish you all the best on your store front at Content Paradise. I just think you need not post here as an extension of your store front. I also agree with jahnocli, in my opinion, it looks like standard clip art that can obtained for FREE.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group