Play/Preview Rendering Issue?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rockman

Play/Preview Rendering Issue?

Post by rockman »

New to Moho Pro 12 here. I'm working my saying through the Moho Tutorial Manual.

I think there is something amiss with the rendering of the Beach Ball example in Preview/Play mode (or something wrong that I am doing). When the bouncing beach ball from the Tutorial Extras (Chapter 1 - Basics) is imported into a project, the beach ball looks fine as you step through the animation frame by frame. But when I hit the Play button, it turns into an octagon-like shape - as does the shadow! (See screenshot below). Furthermore, in the File>Preview Animation... it's also an octagon. When you actually Export the animation to MP4 or Animated Gif, it is rendered as a perfectly round beach ball. Very odd. Is this to be expected? I would think that a "Preview" would render something approximating what the final output would look like.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Jeff

iMac High Sierra 10.13.1
Moho Pro 12.4

synthsin75

Re: Play/Preview Rendering Issue?

Post by synthsin75 »

That's to be expected. To improve playback, quality is reduced, but this only happens if GPU acceleration is enabled in the preferences (or display settings).
And Preview animation is a quick render of the workspace used mostly to check timing, so it doesn't reflect the final export.
rockman

Re: Play/Preview Rendering Issue?

Post by rockman »

Thanks for the speedy reply. And you are right, deselecting GPU acceleration has the ball rendered circular in both Play and Preview - although then a gradient fill of the landscape is not rendered correctly. Good to know that its working as "intended" - even if not working as "expected".

Appreciate it,
Jeff