Target Bones and Cycles

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Target Bones and Cycles

Post by synthsin75 »

Targets don't seem to work with referenced actions. Basically if ANY keyframe, even another referenced action, exists after a referenced action, it interpolates from the last, non-reference keyframe. This means you will need to use copied actions for targets...for now.

Or Victor has a method to cycle an animation using a smart bone...which should also work.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24947
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

(12.3 22035 Win10 32bit) I put together a 3-bone system: one "moving" and two target pin bones. No actions - no insert by reference - just a cycle in mainline where the moving bone is targeted to {none, target1, target2} in sequence. The target bones don't move - the cycle just selects and deselects a target. Works fine until there's a key after the cycle. The file internals look OK (the cycle is well formed and has keys where you'd expect). but having a key after the cycle means the cycle only runs once. (sorry for earlier misunderstanding of what Mansac meant by "it stops cycling")

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1eih0im7 ... arget.moho

delete / un-delete the key at 223 to see the behaviour. So, IMO, a definite bug! (I'll check again on a 64bit machine when back at base.)

edit: yeah - same (bad!) behaviour on win10 64bit.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Huh, don't know what I was looking at then :shock:
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

issue logged - 39623
Mansac

Post by Mansac »

Thanks a lot to you all, guys, for your great feedback!

Thanks for all the tips, chucky.
That's spot on, synthsin75.
And hayasidist, thanks for the trouble testing and reporting of the bug. Let's hope they can solve it soon.

Victor's method is great! :idea: What a genial idea, using such a simple principle! My deep respects, sir.

Cheers 8)