Anyone seeing extra mouse clicks?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Anyone seeing extra mouse clicks?

Post by strider2000 »

Is anyone else seeing extra mouse clicks? I'm using moho 12.3, 22035 64-bit Windows. When I'm clicking on things, like changing layers, it seems to ocassionally trigger additional mouse clicks. I've changed the batteries in my mouse several times, but it still seems to happen. Just wondering if others see that issue as well.
Greenlaw

Re: Anyone seeing extra mouse clicks?

Post by Greenlaw »

Could it be a driver issue? Just some thoughts...

If the mouse has its own special driver (say, Logitech for example), uninstall the driver and see what the mouse does with the default Windows mouse driver. If you still see a problem, it might be a hardware issue.

If it's good with the default driver, download and install the latest drivers from the mouse manufacturer's website (assuming your mouse has special drivers). It's possible that your previous driver got corrupted or maybe it became incompatible with a recent OS update. (Like the recent Windows 10 Creative update for example.)

If your mouse only uses the default Windows driver, see what happens when you run in Safe mode. If it works then, that might indicate an issue with a third party program installed on your computer.

If all else fails, borrow a mouse from another computer and see if that works correctly or not. The result might mean different things but before we go down that path, check the above first.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just thought of something else. This seems unlikely but check the double-click setting in the Mouse control panel. It probably hasn't changed but let's be sure.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Another idea: If it's a Bluetooth mouse, try this: Open the Bluetooth And Other Devices window and remove the mouse from Mouse, Keyboard and Pen. Then re-pair the mouse with your computer. I have to do this occasionally when my mouse starts to misbehave.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Thanks Greenlaw. I'm checking out the issues now.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I haven't gotten it all fixed yet, but did try a different mouse and it seemed ok. So, it does look like something with the mouse or driver. Thanks Greenlaw.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Yep. Looks like it was the mouse itself. Logitech M310. I didn't expect that, because it was relatively new. I've rarely had a mouse die and never one so subtly. Oh well, good thing a decent mouse is pretty cheap. Glad it wasn't anything with Moho itself.