PNG. Imports Fixed in Moho Debut 12?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matoran

PNG. Imports Fixed in Moho Debut 12?

Post by Matoran »

Hi,
I'm considering buying Moho Debut 12, but I'd like to know something before I buy it. I can't just check for myself in the trial, since I can't import anything there.

So, I'm currently using Anime Studio Debut 8, and I import PNG. files that were created in Sketchbook Pro. I don't know what exactly it is, but the images in the exported video, when they move across the screen, tend to end up leaving behind a trail of... something. The image I suppose? But then it disappears seconds later. I don't really know what all this is, but it looks terrible. Would anyone know if the current Moho Debut 12 has since fixed this issue? Or could someone tell me if this issue happens to them?

I hope I explained myself well. Sorry if it's confusing.

Thank you.
Greenlaw

Re: PNG. Imports Fixed in Moho Debut 12?

Post by Greenlaw »

I import PNG files to 12.3 all the time for rigging and never see display artifacts. In fact, I have never seen such artifacts for as long as I've been using ASP/Moho regularly for work, which has been since version 9.5.

Could this be a version 8 problem? That release is pretty old.

I don't use Sketchbook Pro but it really shouldn't matter. Do you see artifacts when using PNGs from other programs? If you see this problem with only Sketchbook Pro PNG files, there may be something wrong with these PNG files. If it happens with any PNG file, it might be a graphics driver issue.

If it's the latter, try updating your graphics driver to the latest version.

FYI, the PNG files I use are typically exported from Photoshop but I've also used PNG from from After Effects, TVPaint, LightWave, various iPad apps, and other sources. Normally, I use 24-bit png with transparency enabled. I don't think Moho is compatible for higher bit-depths, so make sure you have the proper type of PNG.

You might also try working with GPU Acceleration disabled. (I usually have this disabled to avoid masking display issues.)

Hope this helps.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I should have clarified that I use Pro but I can't see how this would be different under Moho Debut. Moho Pro 12.3 has the option to run as Debut, so I can do a quick check. BRB.

Okay, I'm back. I didn't see any 'trailing' problems with PNG files in Moho 12 Debut. I tried with images I exported from Photoshop, and images my daughter exported from FireAlpaca.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'm using v8 myself with lots of PNGs and there are no trails ever.

I guess this is either a problem of the codec you choose for export or a problem of your video playback.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5