Bezier handles and smart bones.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

windy_kid

Bezier handles and smart bones.

Post by windy_kid »

Hey everyone, so I'm still quite new to moho so I'm not sure if there is a checkbox or something that I'm missing.

I have a problem with my bezier handles when they are being animated by a smart bone. In the smart bone animation I have the handles moving independent of each other eg: morphing a circle into a semi-circle. But when I preview in the main line the handles are locked relative to each other so it turns the circle to semi-circle morph into a circle to blob shaped semi-circle with no sharp corners. Its super frustrating and I can't work out why it's happening. Please help :(
chucky

Re: Bezier handles and smart bones.

Post by chucky »

Hi Windy..
Yup you've come across the 'weirdness'.
It seems that Bezier angles inside smartbones can multiply or compound on top of each other.
If it is the same thing that I have seen, it has been reported, however...

Beziers are new in Moho and in animation they can have undesired effects.
It depends on the situation to what solution is appropriate.
Can you post screen recording of the weirdness?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

guesswork here - but ... if you've got a circle with four control points you'll need to get keyframes for the point position of the one that moves to the circle's origin and all six Bezier handles (on the moving point and on the two points that become corners). I have just tried exactly this in an SB action - it does work. If you don't do that you'll get some weird effects where the system (bless it!!) tries hard to preserve what it thinks is the correct alignment of the Bezier control splines. One challenge is that the "curvature" animation channel doesn't actually give you a visual picture of all its subchannels (take a look here if you care for the detail... http://mohoscripting.com/index.php?show=snippet&id=5)
windy_kid

Post by windy_kid »

Thanks for the reply

This is what it looks like in the mainline

and this is what it looks like in the smart bone timeline

Could it be something to do with having a mask within a mask folder? Thats the only thing I can think of.

EDIT: looks like tiny pic decided that it was going to crop out the layer panel in the original pics
Here is the layer panel
windy_kid

Post by windy_kid »

hayasidist wrote:guesswork here - but ... if you've got a circle with four control points you'll need to get keyframes for the point position of the one that moves to the circle's origin and all six Bezier handles (on the moving point and on the two points that become corners). I have just tried exactly this in an SB action - it does work. If you don't do that you'll get some weird effects where the system (bless it!!) tries hard to preserve what it thinks is the correct alignment of the Bezier control splines. One challenge is that the "curvature" animation channel doesn't actually give you a visual picture of all its subchannels (take a look here if you care for the detail... http://mohoscripting.com/index.php?show=snippet&id=5)
Hmmm... not sure that I follow you but I don't think it was that because originally I had a circle but then I just redrew the the shape with three points. Still the the problem persists. I'll keep experimenting.