bezier curve option

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: bezier curve option

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:Oh, cool! Thanks, Wes, that's very generous of you. I'll add the mod to mine and try it when I get the chance. :D

I hope in the future the developers will add the Show Handles button to both tools. I do dislike how some options/buttons are available only to one tool when they are actually useful and relevant for some other tools in Moho. (Examples: Peak and Smooth, Reset Angle for bones and layers, etc.) This forces the user to do a lot of unnecessary clicking and tool-switching. Many of these options should be available in the GUI anytime they're relevant. This will be especially helpful when using a tablet and stylus.
I went ahead and added the button. The setting in one tool will be the same in both. Same link: https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It works great!

Thank you, Wes. This mod really should be part of the native GUI. :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

Greenlaw wrote:Oh, cool! Thanks, Wes, that's very generous of you. I'll add the mod to mine and try it when I get the chance. :D

I hope in the future the developers will add the Show Handles button to both tools. I do dislike how some options/buttons are available only to one tool when they are actually useful and relevant for some other tools in Moho. (Examples: Peak and Smooth, Reset Angle for bones and layers, etc.) This forces the user to do a lot of unnecessary clicking and tool-switching. Many of these options should be available in the GUI anytime they're relevant. This will be especially helpful when using a tablet and stylus.
Yup , agreed
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just a quick FYI for anybody using the button:

Sometimes the button will appear to not show bezier handles when you click it. If you have more than one point selected, try hitting Esc or click an empty space to drop the points. The handles should then appear.

This is not abnormal behavior because you can't edit more than one pair of bezier handles at a time. It's just something to be aware of when using this button.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:It works great!

Thank you, Wes. This mod really should be part of the native GUI. :D
I agree. No idea how that got overlooked.
chucky

Post by chucky »

A lot of people have complained about slow downs and blowouts in V12. I wonder if it is Bezier
related?
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I would like to get rid of the bezier handles, too. This mod sounds awesome. Thank you synthsin75.

Took me a while to figure out how to install it. You have to overwrite the original 5 files with the same name in the Tool folder.

Works great!
Last edited by Hoptoad on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey I'm wondering about the default load out and the actual icon/name for 'fixed Bezier handles'.
I think they are not obvious what they mean or do.
Could it be more like the choice between using 'Bezier curve' or 'Moho curve'/Smart handles ?
I know what the lock means and all, but could that symbol give better 'impression' of the clever trick, that mode does?
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

The 12.4 update evidently erased this script, as it stopped working. I forgot how to install custom scripts, so I'm posting the step-by-step process, so next time I can do a quick forum search and find the process.

How to install a custom script on a Mac:

Download the script. (In this case, it's 5 small files. Some are code, some are art for new buttons.)

To show the hidden Moho folders, find Moho in the Applications folder, then right-click on it. A menu will appear. Choose Show Package Contents.

The script needs to go into the tool folder:
/Applications/Moho.app/Contents/Resources/Support/scripts/tool

Navigate to the tool folder (note, this is NOT the "Tools" with an s folder). Drag/paste all the script files into the tool folder and say "yes" to over-writing the ones already there.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Funny coincidence...I realized this morning I don't have this script installed on my home computer and I needed this info. Thanks for posting. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hoptoad wrote:The 12.4 update evidently erased this script, as it stopped working.
Since this is a mod of an LM tool, new updates will overwrite it if you install to the program's directory. If you create a custom content folder and install it there, you won't lose it when updating.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Wes,

I noticed something odd today when trying to use Bezier points while this mod is active.

When I click the Bezier Handles button on or off while in the Curvature tool, the Bezier Handles button in Transform Point matches the state as expected. However, if I click the button while in the Transform tool, the button in Curvature does not change. I'm not sure but I think the Bezier tool gets a little confused too; I had to make sure the button was enabled in both places before I could edit the handles normally.

I'm not sure how long it's been like this because I normally keep Bezier Handles disabled, but it confused me for a bit today before I realized what was happening.

Whenever you have time, can you take a look at it? Certainly no hurry, as I'm sure you're busy. (I might try dabbling with it tonight, but I'm almost sure I'll break it.) :)

I still wish this button was there in Curvature natively already.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Lukas

Post by Lukas »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:54 am Quick fix. Updated original link: https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1
Great! This needs to be official, I was missing this feature this week too.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Curvature is pretty rando in Moho.
The add tool set to sharp corners is pretty hit and miss as well.
Hopefuly there'll be a workover for a lot of stuff heading toward 14.

Curvature and transform points could be merged perhaps.