Work on LAN

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ghadiany

Work on LAN

Post by ghadiany »

Hi
I have working on the project that the source files are on the server.
in this situation I encountering a problem.
in some cases Moho layers that call from PSD files, lose connection to PSD files.
When I change PSD files to PNG, the problem is passed.

What is this problem and What is the solution?

Thank you.
Greenlaw

Re: Work on LAN

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't normally like working with PSD files in Moho. IMO, they're too easy to break when adding, merging, and deleting layers, and too restrictive for other major edits. Unless you don't plan on editing the PSD very much after you've imported it, I'd say stick with PNG layers. You don't really lose much by going PNG. It's easy to manage and the imported files update dynamically when you change them. (Naturally, you should keep the original PSD for future edits.)

Photoshop has a native output to PNG layers script but I like the third party Output To Layers (Fast). It really is a lot faster than the native script. The only downside is that it won't overwrite previous files so you'll need to delete any PNG files you wish to overwrite.

As for why the PSD isn't working for you, I'm not sure. Just a thought: are you using a UNC path or driver letter mapping? I might be thinking of another program but it seemed like I had issues with Moho and UNC paths in the past. (But I could be thinking of TVPaint.)
ghadiany

Re: Work on LAN

Post by ghadiany »

yes.
I used map drive.
in the begin of working, every things are OK.
but when the imported characters in single file are to much, the broken layers appear.
The layers of separate files are displace with the others.
when I replace PSD files with png, the problem solved and everything is OK.

Thank you.