Rigging problem with weird layer rotation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animator101

Rigging problem with weird layer rotation

Post by Animator101 »

Image Image

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong but often I have spine bone, shouldr bone and than at least two in arms. Now for some reason I will have first bone rotating corectly and second bone (which should be it's child) bends the whole layer instead having anchor in a upper, parent bone. What is wrong here guys ?
Thank you
slowtiger

Re: Rigging problem with weird layer rotation

Post by slowtiger »

Looks like you accidentially used layer binding for the arm bitmap with the lower arm bone.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

slowtiger wrote:Looks like you accidentially used layer binding for the arm bitmap with the lower arm bone.

Quite right, I did. What should I have used in an instance like this ? Thank you
jupitor6

Post by jupitor6 »

1. Export the upper and lower arms as two separate images. Put on separate layers and then bind each to the corresponding bone. Also add a shoulder bone and make the upper arm bone a child of it, so the upper arm has a pivot point to rotate around.

2. If you prefer to keep your arm as a single image on a layer then select that layer and go to the Bone menu and choose "Use All Bones For Flex-Binding". Use the Bone Strength tool to adjust the bone strength settings (for each bone) to limit each bone's region of influence to the upper and lower sections of the arm. Your arm should bend at the elbow.
Still doing it.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

Thank you Jupitor. I have varying results but that's also cuz I am very new to this software. Thank you